Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's Wrong with My Right Arm...

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Aaron, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I think i'm started to show signs of tendonitis, just starting this weekend, in which i spent most of my hours awake practicing. I have some shooting pains up the underside of my wrist to my forearm when I play/put my hand in some positions. One possible problem is that i have always bent my right wrist a little bit (with an angle no less than about 135 degrees.) I don't get the pain with i play with my wrist completely strait, but i can barely play because my fingers are really above the strings and my palm is pretty much on the bass. Keeping my wrist bent is the only thing i can think of, but i kind of need a bit of leverage about the strings for my right hand, and i still feel the pains in my arm with a strait wrist, they just aren't as present.

2. meltsakana

meltsakana

Sep 3, 2002
    Rest! Ice! Relax! Calm the pain first!

After this you will have to make changes in your technique. I suggest angling the bass skyward to allow a straighter right wrist. There are a lot of possibilities floating around the board