Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's your action???

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by sn0wblind, Jul 3, 2001.

1. sn0wblind

sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    First of all, I dont know what forum to put this in, So I'll leave it to Mr. Wheel.

I was just curious what your action is on your E & G strings?

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Sn0wblind:

You'd have an easier time finding out where your threads should be posted if you kept your questions restricted to one topic. Your first question involves the instrument's setup, so that's where it's going.

The second question has been answered before in many other threads. The most recent one is http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=21052 . You can find others if you conduct a search.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    E: 2 mm
    G: 1.5 mm

measured @ 24th fret

4. sn0wblind

sn0wblind

Apr 20, 2000
    Ontario, Canada
    Sorry if you misunderstood my question(Big Wheel). But I wanted to compare action heights to different genre's of music( i.e., higher action for slappers).

5. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    What Bass is it?

6. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    I have about 1 mm on most of the strings and 2 mm on the E and B strings.

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Handmade German 4-string neck-tru w/ maple body and 7-piece maple/mahogany neck, ebony fretboard and rosewood top. The guy who built it now owns his own bass company - Human Base

www.humanbase.de

I got it 2nd hand, but there's a fretjob due some time in the future (the action on the G is now little higher than it used to be due to some buzzes).
    I'd like to get a computer-aided fretjob - cf. www.plek.com