Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's your business card look like?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by aaguudis, Dec 16, 2004.

1. aaguudis

aaguudis

Apr 3, 2001
    Portland
    Hi. I am starting to think about making a business card. I would love to see what everyone here has. Please post a pic if you have one! (or at the very least maybe just a description and the text you have on it.)

Thanks

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Bar napkin and a ball point pen at the moment. Never seem to be able to remember to restock my wallet.

3. kip

kip

Sep 11, 2002
    Sausalito, Ca
    I saw one I liked. Works well for musicians. Generic. Name, bar code and a space to put in current occupation and phone number.

4. Sam Sherry

Sam Sherry Inadvertent Microtonalist Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Euphonic Audio "Player"
    Just got 'em. I'll be spiffing up the website over the next couple weeks too.

Attached Files:

5. Looks great Sam.....Is that a carved head on your bass?

6. Sam Sherry

Sam Sherry Inadvertent Microtonalist Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Euphonic Audio "Player"
    Yep. Mrs. Westover carved her when Mr. Westover made the bass. Her name is "Nicole" which is a long story.

I didn't mean to edit your post, too, Paul. Just hit the wrong button.

7. Brian K

Brian K Supporting Member

May 21, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    mine...

8. gretschman

gretschman

Nov 22, 2004
    Lewisville, TX
    I don't play bass, but here's my card:

[​IMG]

9. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Kinda like this, if the attachment comes through...I'm still working on the design, but this is the basic concept.

Attached Files:

10. Yeah, Durrl. Where's it say Durrl?

11. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    On the tailgate of the 1946 Ford pickup that's up on blocks in the yard in front of my trailer. :)

12. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Oh man, that brought back some memories. I used to occasionally drive a friend/bandleaders' '46 Ford delivery van full of equipment and sleeping musicians back from gigs, up and down the Northern California-Southern Oregon coast. I remember that it had about a foot of freeplay before the steering actually kicked in. Nerves of steel had I, back then.

13. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    Ahh, I didn't see it because your stockcar was in the way. Or was it your old washer and drier?

Nice card design Durrl! You might try a light or white colored text against the darker bg. If you go light, gotta go a little larger too as a general rule of thumb for readibility. Just me thinkin' out loud.

14. Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Jan 12, 2004
    Oakland
    I'm trying to make a less fuzzy version of this for my background.

Hi gretschman, see you tonight at the Maple Pt.

15. I'd like to hear that story Sam.....have you ever posted it? How about it?

16. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Maybe the refrigerator? I'd hafta know which way y'all was comin' from.

Actually, I've since changed the text to white, but good idea about bumping up the size. My biggest problem with my business card program at the moment is that I can't seem to get the picture to take up the whole card without a border, so I'm not printing them yet. But soon....very soon. :)

17. My money's on the 6-foot tall satellite dish.