1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's your coffee?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JPhoenix19, Mar 29, 2009.

1. JPhoenix19

JPhoenix19

Mar 5, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I'm a barista (no, not for Starbucks). I work in a little local coffee shop in Columbia, TN and I get some pretty strange requests from time to time. This makes me curious... what do all you TBers get when you get your coffee? Plain black? Chai Latte with soy? Carrots?

2. Strong and Black - like to get the Caffeine Kick - add a little natural sweetner like Stevia or one of those derivatives.

Like to spike it with a shot of espresso too! Zing! Just getting ready to pour a cup now with my Sunday Paper and TB on the table.

3. JPhoenix19

JPhoenix19

Mar 5, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Yum!

I usually do a 12 oz Cafe' Americano with three shots and about half the cup filled with cream. Smooth and strong, like my bass tone! Dee-lish!

4. sean.1986

sean.1986

Feb 24, 2009
    Essex, England
    Black. No milk, No sugar.

5. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    What's in the pot?

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Colombian + Jameson.

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I like it like I like my women...

Light & Sweet :D

I'm considered 'low brow' by coffee snobs, but I like what I like and don't care what others think. I buy Eight O'clock coffee to brew at home and usually grab a cup from WaWa, D&D or 7-11 (preferred in that order).

I'd rather go without than drink anything Starbucks sells.

8. sean.1986

sean.1986

Feb 24, 2009
    Essex, England
    Does anyone prefer tea?

9. Absolutely.

Coffee for me is only when I'm hungover (and then I'll take whatever you can give me, black as can be!), but tea is anytime!

10. JPhoenix19

JPhoenix19

Mar 5, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Long island iced tea count?

11. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    My favorite is coffee with O'Darbys, which I am having right now :D

But normally, coffee with a bit of cream, preferably 18%.

Sean.1986, my wife prefers tea. When I go to eastern Canada, I tend to drink much more tea than coffee.

12. sean.1986

sean.1986

Feb 24, 2009
    Essex, England
    No and nor does Mr. T.

13. Bocete

Bocete My E string is 36 1/4" long

Sep 30, 2006
    Tea with chocolate is a no-no.

Coffee with chocolate? Only with a lot of sugar :smug: One coffee shop here serves the best mocha I've tasted. It differs a lot from all the other mochas I've yet tried, so I guess that's the one made out of genuine mocha beans, not chocolate + steamed milk + espresso.

14. sean.1986

sean.1986

Feb 24, 2009
    Essex, England
    Tea with chocolate is gorgeous. Especially Cadbury's Dairy Milk.

15. JPhoenix19

JPhoenix19

Mar 5, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    :D nice

16. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    I like mochas as well.. I feel like I'm violating a man-law for saying it, but I've never had the necessity to develop a taste for black coffee because coffee (or caffeine) in general just doesn't do it for me. It doesn't wake me up in the slightest; if anything it makes me a little more relaxed and mellow. So that being said, I just end up going for what tastes good and not what's the strongest.

17. JPhoenix19

JPhoenix19

Mar 5, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Disraeli, are you by chance ADHD?

I ask because I am myself, and I have been told that stimulants have a calming effect on people who truely have ADHD.

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Tall quad latte normally. Sometimes a cup of drip with a shot, AKA "puddle of mud" or "shot in the dark" around here.

-Mike

19. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    I've always thought that I probably am, but I've never been officially diagnosed.

20. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    8 o'clock is the best cheap coffee I've found.