Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what's your fav. setting(s) for Q-Tron?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by minjo82, Jun 23, 2004.

1. I went out and bought myself a brand new EHX Q-Tron last sunday... It's all shiny! (I like shiny stuff :D )

I've been playing around with it for a few days.. I can get a few decent sounds but I was wondering what ppl's favorite settings for the Q-Tron is... and since this is my first envelope filter, any advice on making WET FUNKY tones will be a lot of help..

2. I have a Q, and go back and forth on whether I like it or not. Sometimes yes, sometimes no...the most usable setting I've found (for me) is:

Drive switch to Down
    Normal/Boost switch to Normal
    Peak at 6 o'clock (down)
    Gain at 9 o'clock (left)
    Middle knob on Low
    Bottom knob on Mix

I have wicked gain spikes with pretty much any other setting, BUT I'm playing a Stingray active bass, which sends a really hot signal to the pedal.

ps. I'm not Korean, but practice Tang Soo Do and Hapki Do...Korean martial arts, so I'm feeling you, bro.

3. Cool.. incidently I play a ray myself :) Sweet basses aren't they?

I usually leave the peak way up high... I really like that WET funky tone. I'm yet to find "my" tone yet.. I should really write down the settings I like when i'm playing with it tho.. I always forget and have to find out on the spot... Probably needs some getting used to i guess..

btw hows hapkido workin out for you? i used to practice hapkido myself.. not anymore tho. don't have the time..

and yeah.. too late to do anything about it tho.. hope all this war ends soon....

4. BTW does anyone know how to get a slow auto-wah kind of tone on a Q-Tron? Kinda like the tone Flea uses on 'coffee shop'?