Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's your fav song??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by georgecarter, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Hey,
    I think I may have seen a thread similar to this but, what the hell, I'll make my own.
    My question is, what is your favorite song to play on bass??
    I'm asking because I have just formed a new band and I need some songs to suggest for us to play only I don't want to play any *%!&. You get the idea.
    Any GOOD suggestions? Any style welcome!

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    One of the songs my originals band plays (or will play, as it isn't completed yet). You don't know it.

Cover song, I think "White Room", Cream.

3. weezer - my name is jonas

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

My favorite song would be one of several originals from my band Lucid Dreamer. I will have some mp3's for you guys and gals to listen to in a couple of weeks, just waiting on mp3.com's slow reared approval process.

Favorite cover song that I can play would be Teen Town(well, almost.;)) by Weather Report or Yyz by Rush.

Favorite cover song that I actually get to play live is either Brown Eyed Girl or I fought the law.

5. CKY - 96 Quite Bitter Beings

6. Hey try Goldfinger's cover of "99 Red Balloons". It is originally by Nina.

7. Peaches en Regalia, More trouble every day, Zoot Allures and Cosmic Debris are at present my favourite songs to play. They're all written and Performed by Frank Zappa.
    Toto's instrumental songs Jake to the bone and Dave's gone skiing, are really fun to play to.

The only problem whith these songs are that you need insanely good musicians to play with...:(

8. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    "This Song Is Sh*t" by me. it consists entirely of one note, played once, with utmost disregard for tonal beautification. i am an artist.

9. cordova

cordova

Oct 24, 2001
    Edmonton
    Right now Stinkfist by Tool is a lot of fun to play.

I'm starting to learn "Forty Six & 2" and that's fun too. A little bit challenging, but that's what's great about it.

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm not a big Tool fan, but that is a great bass line. Not really difficult, but the bassline is the song, IMHO.

11. It would either have to be portrait of tracy (jaco), breaking the girl (rhcp), badfish (sublime), or then she did (janes addiction).

12. Duff_Man182

Duff_Man182

Jul 28, 2001
    Miami,Fl USA
    probably still or road to recovery by rufio....those r some fast intros!

13. I still like playing longview by green day, its not difficult and its not boring, well it isn't boring for me anyway

14. patrickroberts

patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
    Either Lithium by Nirvana or All around the world by RHCP

15. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    46 & 2, Schism, The Grudge ... most anything by Tool, The best band ever!

16. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    Jersey/DC
    Agreed. 46&2 is such a great bass line! And once you learn it, you own it forever. It's great.

17. Suzie Q by CCR, simple, but man! stu cook knew how to write!