1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Whats your favorite bass wah?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rberry7777, Sep 26, 2013.

1. rberry7777

rberry7777

Feb 5, 2010
    I want one and am looking for suggestions
    Thanks

2. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
    Dunlop 105Q. Sounds the best to me and I've been checking them all out.

3. N.F.A.

N.F.A.

Jun 25, 2009
    In a blue funk
    Check out Wilson Effects. They have tons of great wahs and their "Wilson Wah" is optimized for bass and even comes with 12 Q settings. Highly recommended!

drews.anderson likes this.
  4. nolageek

nolageek

Jan 5, 2011
    Washington, DC
    I'm still looking for "the one" - I noodle a bit with a 105q and the DOD FX17 - but neither have blown me away.

5. gully_jones

gully_jones Stone cold groovy man Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Mississippi
    G-Lab Bass Wowee-Wah

6. BooshBass

BooshBass

Sep 2, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    I have only owned the crybaby bass wah from Dunlop but I like it a lot. Good quack with fuzz before, good growlish tone with overdrive behind.

7. rberry7777

rberry7777

Feb 5, 2010
    Anyone ever find a replacement for the jen double sound fuzz wah?

8. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    Sonnus wahoo.

9. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    Yeah, I just ordered one. I missed the delivery today, so it'll be here tomorrow. I do own a 105Q, which I thought was awesome, until I heard the Sonuus...now I'm $350 poorer...

10. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    Totally worth it!

pbass6811 likes this.
  11. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    For a more economical option you can't go wrong with a Dunlop 105Q. Personally I use the wah or filter on my EHX H.O.G. and/or the synth wah on the BSY-600 Bass Synth (both are controlled with a Boss FV-500H as an expression pedal)

12. icecycle66

icecycle66

Feb 4, 2009
    Arizona
    I'll always take the chance to promote the Morley Power Wah. I prefer the old telray types. The have an enormous sweep, clean optical operation, and an incredibly forceful wah push without the honky quack a lot of classic and standard pedals give.

13. lowendmetal

lowendmetal

Jan 30, 2013
    I've been messing around with the new digitech bass whammy. Not a classic wah sound but the dive bomb wah/bass drop rattles windows

14. Flad

Flad

Apr 18, 2014
    I've only one I ever had that I used for a bass was Morely, but this was back when the only wah pedal in the catalog that even mentioned bass was the Morley. 92-93. I used on a hand full of songs and it was the only pedal I had from back then that still works, though I do not use it any longer. I don't know if the quality has gone down any in all these years but back then it was as solid a pedal as you could ask for, better than most actually as far as the build and craftsmanship.

15. MattStonewall

MattStonewall

Jan 7, 2014
    Virginia
    How does the bass sound through the Black Cat Moan and the Sonuus Wahoo? Both look like they offer awesome tones!

16. HereIGoAgain

HereIGoAgain

Oct 16, 2011
    I use a Dunlop 535Q. It's not for bass per se, but it's great on bass.