1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What's your favorite BRAND of bacon?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by steamthief, Jan 4, 2012.

1. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Due to all the bacon love here on talkbass.com, I'm copying a thread I saw on another forum I visit. Maybe we can help each other expand our porcine gastronimic horizons, as well as our cholesterol readings.

My favorite brand is Farmer John. How about you?

Attached Files:

2. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Not a big enough fan to have a favorite brand, but wifey likes the thick cut stuff from the local butcher shop. I guess it's their house brand?

3. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Wright makes some good stuff that's easy to find in stores, but Dakin Farms makes bacon that I wake up thinking about......

Product Summary - Dakin Farm.

4. Any thick cut, freshly sliced stuff from the local butcher.

5. +1

lowsound

6. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Ive yet to find a good veggie bacon substitute. The best, so far, is MorningStar Farms, but that is only so-so at best.

7. sometimes i like it thin... some times i like it thick ...

it most often is purchased by cheapest by the oz ... often generic store brand

but that wasn't the question ... no brand favorite... but thick sliced not peppered from the mexican meat market down the block is my favorite.

forgot to add... thick sliced bacon and maple syrup is one of my favorite meals

8. No brand, just thin sliced, and whichever packages have the most fat...

9. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Trader Joe's Applewood Smoked - thick, sweet, and meaty!

10. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Pork roll, biotches. Your bacon aint squat next to the goodness that is pork roll. I LAUGH at your bacon.

HA
    HA
    HA

11. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    If your pork roll was all that, it would be available in a wider geographical area. I suspect there's somehting in your water that ruins your ability to enjoy the fabulousness of bacon. How sad for you.

12. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    This supposed to be the stuff! I've never had it but I've had the beef jerky and it's outrageous! ...they'll only ship the bacon to California.

BACON

13. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    We just don't want to share with you heathens. One misstep, one careless moment when someone from outside our tri-state super-secret coven of meat appreciation gets a taste then it's all over. Next thing you know oscar meyer will be faking it, super market chains and walmart will be selling some nasty generic brand that they'll attempt to call "pork roll" then it's ruined for everyone. It's....it's just best this way.

14. I'm sure the NJ water does more than just quell ones ability to enjoy a good slab o' bacon! :D

15. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Tell yourself whatever you need to, Relic. I ain't falling for it.

16. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    There. You asked for it!

215px-Toxic_avengerposter.

17. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
  18. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Whole Foods' black forest bacon. Delicious.

19. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Local non-branded. Cut fresh either thick or thin. Really thin bacon is awesome, if you haven't had it that way...it fries up quickly and is very crisp and crumbles better than other things.

20. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    no brand but grab what's on sale first, if there is a choice... I grab the thickest cut... and if the thick cut has variety, I'll choose maple flavor (unless it's specifically NOT for breakfast).

once those choices are tackled... I grab the leanest package.

but I usually just grab some pork roll instead :p