Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whats your favorite breed

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, May 12, 2004.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Whats your favorite breed of Dogs, i personally like Bichions (thats what i have) Labs man do they need attention and St. Bernards. What do you all like?.

2. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Tough question. My father worked for the American Kennel Club for several years so I've been to Westminster a few times...the way each breed is described they make every dog sound great.

Favorites include: Boxer, Swiss Mountain Dog, Basenji, Beagle, Greyhound, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Vizsla.

I had a Brittany when I was younger, and my sister has a Pug, so I like those breeds too.

Of course, I love a sweet mutt. :p

Marshall

3. i like all dogs.
    my wife squeels and shakes her fists in joy when she sees a papillon.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    We used to have a basenji. It was a beautiful dog that was pretty cool but generally I don't think they have the best dispositions. She was kind of cranky and didn't really like to be touched.

brad cook

5. MAJOR METAL

Beagles are cool dogs with a distinct bark.

6. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Terriers. We have a havanese terrier, we picked him up from a shelter in Queens over 2 years ago and thought he was a terrier/poodle mutt. Then we found out recently it's a rare & expensive breed! Very close to the bichon actually.

I generally prefer the smaller dogs (i.e. bigger than Chihuahua, smaller than lab). But that's mostly for practical reasons. With both my wife and I working we need a dog that needs less exercise.

Other favorites: beagles, dachshunds, bassetts

Greyhounds supposedly make awesome pets, very smart and don't need a lot of exercise.

But I love all dogs basically. When I get off the subway in the morning, I walk over Madison Square Park and always love to see the dogs playing in their area.

7. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    I have 2 Golden Retrievers. They are my babies!! :)

Dan

8. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Dobermans and Labs. My all-time favorites. I hope to have another Doberman in about a year. My family used to show them when I was little, but I haven't had one in years. They're the sweetest dogs I've ever had, and great for protection!

9. MAJOR METAL

Dogs have an extreme amount of coolness to them- Major Metal :)

10. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    My requirement for a dog is that it has to be big enough to be confused with a horse. If I can't ride it to work, I'm not interested.

11. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Catahoula are my fav!

here is the breeder's site I got Angus (Wolf River's Noble Angus officially)
    http://www.catahoulaleopard.com/wrpage.htm

Here's Angus:
    [​IMG]

Rhodesian Ridgebacks kick butt too!!! My other 2 dogs are Catahoula/Ridgeback mixes

Here's the Big Guy ... Tiller (with his brothers)
    [​IMG]

and the King himself... BlueDog (with Angus)
    [​IMG]

12. MAJOR METAL

Sounds like a cute pup any pics?

13. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    those are great dogs. my favorite for sure :cool:

14. Any dog! :hyper:

I love all dogs! :)

Mike

15. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I used to raise Labs and Dobies waaaaaaaaaaaaay back when I was a teenager. Read that as my parents allegedly raised them, but I got the work. We had two accidental litters. I call the results "Labradobies" and they should be a brees. They were great dogs. They were Dobie-tall, Lab-stocky, coal black and smarter than some humans I have worked with.

16. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    theres been a burst of bishions in my area, 4 people i know have them, aiiyaa.

17. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Great dogs! Tiller looks perfect!

Marshall

18. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I have to admit, Dobermans scare me...however Labs are sweeties, so I bet a Labradobie would be a great dog.

Marshall

19. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

I'll tell him so when I get home in about 3 hours :smug:

He's a little bigger then that these days... he's pushing about 110lbs but he's a Gentle Giant, loves most everyone

20. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    BASSET HOUNDS. They just plain rule. Everybody thinks they're lazy but nothing could be farther from the truth. They have to get plenty of exercise or they'll have health problems. I walked mine faithfully everyday and wept like a baby when I had to put her down :bawl: .