Whats your favorite cab to use with your 400RB? (downsizing)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shaolinwhat, Feb 16, 2009.

1. shaolinwhat

shaolinwhat

Jun 5, 2005
    Ohio
    ive been using an ampeg 810 for the last 6 years and its fantastic, but i dont tour anymore and i just have to downsize. im thinking a 410? or a 210 with a 115? what brands and setups do my fellow 400RB (or 800rb, why not) players utilize for a portable but slammin' rig? thanks!

2. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    400 RB III/IV with an Avatar B212 Neo.

3. ljazz

ljazz

Dec 10, 2002
    Cookeville, TN
    I love the GK112 Neo..... add another for those outings requiring just a bit more power. I currently play a 700rbII, and I'm looking for a 400rbIV for the smaller stuff.

4. shaolinwhat

shaolinwhat

Jun 5, 2005
    Ohio
    ive only ever had cabs with 10's or 15's, how would you describe the sound of 2 12's comparably? i really like the size of that cab

5. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Well, it's only a little bit smaller than your current SVT cab, but the old Mesa 1516 cabinets (if you can find one) sound amazing.

6. Mitchthebassplayer

Mitchthebassplayer

Jan 7, 2008
    Queens, NY
    Endorsing Artist: Olinto, La Bella, JuleAmps, Epifani
    I use an old GK 400RB through an 8 ohm SWR Goliath 4x10 cab at my band's rehearsal space and it sounds amazing....so much low end and punchy articulation....

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021