Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's your favorite canned soup?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Chunk-O-Funk, Nov 14, 2005.

1. I was just thinking that if it was not for Blisshead's Tabasco pickle thread, I may have missed out on what a wonderful concoction they are. Plus, I just sat down to a bowl of Stop & Shop's (supermarket brand) grilled chicken, and all I can say is, mmmm, mmmm, this stuff sucks. I usually stick to the name brands, but It was on sale, buy one get sixty free. Someone help a brother out.

So what's you favorite canned soup? list the brand and type. Now, I know canned pales in comparison to home made, but who always has the time to make soup when you want it.

2. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    I actually prefer mixes to cans, because I heard this thing in 7th grade about the effects of botulism, and have been gun-shy of canned goods since.

Uncle Ben's Broccoli & Cheese. (I know, it's a girl soup. I like it though. :spit: )

Second favorite would be Minestrone. Go for the one in the green bag, not the can.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I go for the creamy soups, like clam chowder, cream of mushroom and chicken soup. I really don't like the watery stuff.

Off the top of my head I'll say Progresso, but that's one brand among many.

Safeway now sells hot gourmet soups in their deli, so other than for earthquake food, canned soups have fallen way out of favor in my house.

4. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I personally don´t like canned soups. For me, there´s nothing like preparing it myself with fresh ingredients.

5. :eyebrow: I mean, Progresso minestrone. Yeah- that's the ticket.

6. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Heinz Big Soup is awesome.

7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Progresso clam chowder, with a lot of hot sauce. I turn it a light red.

8. I gotta go with the classic Campbell's Chicken Noodle. :cool:

9. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    Campbells Chunky chicken and dumpling stew. great on a cold day and it's very hard

10. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    While growing up my favorite was Campbell's Beef with Barley.

When sick: Chicken Noodle Soup. Good for the soul.

My current favorite is Habitant Pea Soup. The straight version, no ham. I feel they water it down when they put in the ham.

11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Campbells tomato, or chicken corn chowder.

12. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Campbell's Tomato soup! Have a big bowl of that with oyster crackers and a grilled cheese sammich... oh yeah. Now that's comfort food.

13. Campbell's Chunky New England Clam Chowder or Split Pea with Ham & Bacon, and of course, everyone's favorite guilty pleasure.. Sirloin Burger, with the mini-burgers that look like they drew the grill lines on 'em. :bassist:

14. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Campbell's Chunky Beef, Steak & Potato, and Chunky Chilli

15. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Progresso has a tasty variety. :cool:

16. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area

Dude, you stole my post, nearly verbatim - all three, faves of mine as well. Ahh yeah. Sirloin Burger in the hizzy.

Cambpell's "normal" soups, tho... chicken noodle and tomato, both of those have this weird chemical burn quality to them I don't enjoy at all - the CN is too salty and the Tomato is just acidic.

17. Cream of mushroom, and Campbells Chunky Steak and Potato

18. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Wegman's chicken noodle. It's like Progresso, but with flavor.

19. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    I like Chunk-o-funk, myself. Do you have a canopener?

20. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    i'll take anything in a campbell's microwavable container...my favorites lately have been the italian wedding soup and the chicken dumpling soup.

i could never have clam chowder in a can...New England will do that to you after a while...it just doesn't compare to a homemade bowl of it.