Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whats your favorite Metallica video?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Oct 29, 2003.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

If you go to their site www.metallica.com under media go to albums and they have all the videos. My favorite i think would be untill it sleeps, it kind of creepy but i think the video does a great job representing that.

2. one...

turn the page is neat too.

3. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    the one where they just don't play. anything.

that would be the day :(

4. MAJOR METAL

You dont like Metallica

5. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    sorry.

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'm more of a Home Video fan. I like Cliff 'Em All ALOT!!!!!! A close second is the S&M Home Video.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I gotta go with S&M (Sorry Nino, loved S&M more than Cliff Em All)

But my favorite video: King Nothing. So deep.

8. MAJOR METAL

Nino

Right on about S&M, I think Jason was at his best with Metallica on that one. What Songs stand out for you on that video.

9. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Whiskey in the Jar

It's not a great video, and I'm not a Metallica fan at all, but it's the best song (in my opinion) they've recorded.

10. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I liked the whole thing. I really liked how the orchestra worked with their songs.

The 2 taht stood out were "No Leaf Clover" & "- Human". After hearing these 2 songs I thought to myself, "Wow, the next album is gonna be great." Then The "Mission Impossible" song, "I Disappear" canme out & I thought it was GREAT. I was really looking foward to a new studio realease......

.....then St. Anger was realeased. :bawl:

11. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    The video for "One" was very inspiring to me. I loved how it was black & white and looked like it was shot in a warehouse. Just the band jamming their asses off!! And the shots of Jason digging into the strings like he does were really awesome! The long version with the scenes from Johnny got his gun was really creative and fit the video-and of course-the song very well.

They got it right with the first video and could have stopped there!

12. BigLob

BigLob

Aug 13, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Mine would definantly be One. It creeped me out the first time, then i researched the black and white movie shots, and it turns out there from a movie called "Johnny Got His Gun", made after the book of the same name by Dalton Trumbo. Pretty thought provoking book. (aside from wondering why theres no punctuation in the whole thing.)

13. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN

That video blew my mind!!! If you take into the fact that videos where just "mainstream" so to say. To see that video just killed me with how dramatic it was (compared to what was available at that time, and the deep Continent)

14. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    One...then Cliff 'em All...and then after that it would be a video of them being publicly executed j/k :) As much as I used to love Metallica and as much as Cliff was the reason I started playing, I don't care for the new stuff, and especially their attitude now.

15. is that film available anywhere? (on video, shown on TV etc.)
    it's quite a disturbing story judging from the clips in the video.

BTW was Sanitarium inspired by One flew over the cuckoo's nest?

16. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
  17. BigLob

BigLob

Aug 13, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    As I said, I researched and found out there is a movie and book both titled Johnny Got His Gun by Dalton Trumbo. I got the book for a very cheap price, I dont remember where or how much, but i got the video off of ebay for about $20-25. The book is out of print, and im assuming the video is too.

18. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'm with BrokenAngel on this one, I can't even watch a Metallica video, it makes me ill, although I liked their stuff up till Ride THe Lightning

19. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    The book shouldn't be out of print, I just bought a copy not too long ago.