Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what's your favorite Star Trek episode?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by nonsqtr, Feb 22, 2005.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    I like Mr. Atos, and the Atavachron. You? :)

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Everything with the BORG (and 7 of 9 :) ), I liked the Herogin (sp?) too...hmm, quite difficult to tell, I've seen so many of them..

3. "The Trouble with Tribbles"

4. For original Star Trek?

The Menagerie

From the Next Generation:

All Good Things

5. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    The Menagerie was actually the pilot episode that sold Star Trek.

[/trivia]

From the original ST, my favorite was the one where they landed on the planet that was modeled after Chicago in the 30's. It had Vic Tayback (of Alice fame) as one of the mobsters.

From ST: The Next DeGeneration I liked just about anything with Q in it. I like the Borg stuff too (thank Q for introducing the Enterprise to the Borg :) ). I hated Wes "The Beaver" Crusher, the original Dr. and Tasha Yar.

I basically burned out on Star Trek and haven't watched too much of ST: Deep Throat Nine, ST:V'ger or Enterprise: Back to the Future.

As far as Sci-Fi goes, I'm totally digging the new Battlestar Galactica on the SF channel and I can't wait for the new Babylon 5 movie to hit the big screen. :hyper:

6. the Menagerie was also a two-parter.

So was All good things.

That Q character should have been explored more. I think that was an interesting angle not explored nearly enough.

7. Yeah, that was one of my favs!

But, to pick just one is really hard.

How about the one with Joan Collins as Edith Keeler operating the soup kitchen in the depression-era-like Earth setting?

That one really made you think.

What was the name, "The City on The Edge of Forever?"

The funniest thing I ever saw on ST was the episode with Landrew - "You are not of the body!" :eek:

Remember the scene in which the clock strikes 6, and everyone goes berserk? The part I like is when this one guy yells, "FESTIVAL!, FESTIVAL!," and then jumps through a plate glass window.

So dumb. :D

Ah, Star Trek. :cool:

Mike

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    "Mirror, Morror" from the original series.

I liked how some DS9 episodes were linked to that episode, also.

9. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    From the original, the one where Kirk and Spock go through that time portal. They rent a basement apartment and Spock builds a communicator out of wires and tubes. In the end, Kirk has to let Joan Collins be hit by the truck so that she can't inadertantly change history with regards to the Nazis.

Next Generation: Picard goes into some other dimension and lives an entire lifetime in what amounts to a few seconds/minutes in his own dimension.

Deep Space Nine: I hated the Pherengai characters and just could not get into it.

Voyager: Can't recall one that stuck with me.

Enterprise: The one where Tucker has a clone that has to sacrifice himself to save the real Tucker.

This is the last season for Enterprise, and I don't know if they plan anymore. Even though I haven't gotten that emotionally attached to it, I've been watching these shows in one form or another for nearly 40 years and will miss it.

10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I like every episode with Q, Aside from those "message in a bottle" is my favorite. That's the one where the holodeck sim gains awareness

11. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Yes, that was an excellent episode! That's the one where the phasers became "heaters". :)

My take on the original ST, was that it was more of an ethical and social commentary than anything else. It has TV's first inter-racial kiss, it had a great segment on race ("can't you see, he's black on the left side and white on the right"), it had the hippies and Dr. Severin, all of whom Spock was relating to through music, that kind of thing.

Many of the later versions seem to have degenerated into "outright sci-fi". But, there were definitely some cool ideas there too. The Borg, and Seven-of-Nine, were awesome. The Queen of the Borgs was quite a character too. :D

12. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    How about Parmin and the Gods? :)

13. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Episode: "Plato's Stepchildren"

Where Kirk is forced to kiss Uhura.

Great example of the 'William Shatner School' of method acting.

*"Must not kiss Uhura; Damn Alien Forcing me against my will; Must resist"*

14. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    +1

...and any episode with 7 of 9, or T'pal.....

15. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    It scares me that you guys know the names of the episodes.

I like the one where the enterprise chases that Romulan ship and they have a very strategic battle. I think it's the first time we see a Romulan, and that they look like Vulcans. Spock hits a button and almost costs them the battle. You know the one...

I watched TNG, but not any of the others. I like the "Q" and "Borg" episodes as well.

16. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

The Original Star Trek " The Enterprise Incident"
    The Next Generation " Best of both Worlds"
    Deep Space 9 " Way of the Warrior"

And the latter 2 did nothing for me.

17. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Anyone like the Star Trek Cartoon from the mid 70's?, it is very hard to find them on tape.

18. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I loved all of DS9, my favorite one was the one where Sisco warps into the 1940's-50's and all the characters are there playing other characters.

19. Flanders

Flanders

Oct 30, 2002
    Reno, NV
    "HARCOURT! HARCOURT FENTON MUDD! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, HAVE YOU BEEN DRINKING AGAIN,again,gain,n,n"

Anything with Harry Mudd in it. The ultimate scoundrel.

-OR-

The one with two guys fighting. Black/White vs. White/Black. Everytime they got close to each other, it was ON.

20. I like any episode when Scotty, " CANNA GET NO POWA!" :eek:

Mike :D