Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whats your favorite Wah pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by KAOSBass, Nov 11, 2005.

1. KAOSBass

KAOSBass

Mar 10, 2005
    Amarillo Texas
    Yes I did a search..... :)

Just curious what Wah is good? Been looking at some old Morley Wah's lately, but am also curious about dedicated Bass wahs, are they worth a damn? What are your opinions?

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Morley make dedicated bass wahs.

3. dunlop 105q bass wah...sturdy, good controls (q and volume), and just sounds amazing...i own 2

4. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    I love my vintage Morley PWB.

5. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    i really liked the Dunlop 105Q when I had one (got rid of it because i didn't really use wah enough). the auto-on/off feature was really nice.

6. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I'm partial to the 105Q myself.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Morley PBW Pro Series II Bass Wah with a Tremonti Tread

[​IMG]

8. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Has anyone tried the RockTron Black Cat Wah?

Graeme

9. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

I went through several Cry Baby pedals before trying one of these and after several hundred performances it has never given me any troubles.

There are also a couple of screwdriver adjustable trim pots so you can get the exact sound you want, something I found necessary before I really fell in love with the pedal.

Bullet proof, customizable sound and the most compact pedal out there!

10. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I have a Morley DBW. I like the convenient footswitch that allows me to go from a rock kinda wah to a funkier tone without having to turn any knobs. I also like the "switchless" design.

The Dunlop is a good wah also but the Morley gave me the sound I wanted. Try both.

11. spidersbass

spidersbass

Nov 29, 2004
    Downtown L.A.
    crybaby 105q

then again, i've never tried any other wah. i just went with what the majority of the people here liked and recommended for my sound

been wanting to try a morley though... I'M BROKE!

12. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    I'm in love with my Morley Dual Bass Wah. I keep it in Funk Wah mode almost all the time. It might just be me, but I don't really like to pair it with distortion. It cuts way too much of my tone out. When I think of the wah+distortion sound I really want, I think of Cliff Burton's tone.

13. im a big fan of the boss v-wah. its very cool, models several wahs, you can create your own wah, has a uni vibe and a voice effect. And a built in drive mode which models severals distortion units like guvnor, big muff and some boss units. also theres a 3 space memory to store your settings. check it out

14. dunlop 105Q,
    although its the only one i have tried

15. Anyone tried a Snarling Dogs bawl buster?

16. IcedEarthWOM

IcedEarthWOM

Oct 2, 2005
    I mostly use mine as a "tone changer". set the wah to the bass model and the range to min (I don't use the dist...). toe gives a great treble boost for some funk and the heal gives some serious bass boost for metal.

You can also ajust the q when creating a wah.

love the univibe. sometimes I set it up slow with some fuzz like distortion and play something with some real feel :cool:

17. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Yes! I'm in love with the Shaft setting on the Bawl Buster - Super Funky and pretty darn unique if you ask me (ie. you don't see a whole lot of guys using them). I had the Morley thing with the funk switch but it just felt really cheap and I much prefer the sound of the BB. It's got a Huge sweep (wah's a low B too) and you could literally kill somebody with it - it weighs like 6 or 7 pounds...steel! The Dunlop doesn't even tempt me although I might have to try the Bootzilla 'version' someday just to a/b it with the BB.

18. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Here too.

I have a 105Q and use a Metal Zone or Big Muff for distortion.. and I just cant get the sound with the 105Q. The 105Q is good for Wah+Slap and things like that.

Anyone knows what Wah did Cliff use to get his sound like For Whom the Bell Tolls. (Live or Studio)

19. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Cliff used the Morley Power Wah Boost. They don't make it anymore but check ebay.

20. Cliff used a vintage morley power wah boost (PWB), the ones with the chrome exterior