1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's your favourite guitar?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by thefruitfarmer, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Telecaster

22 vote(s)
    17.3%
  2. Stratocaster

31 vote(s)
    24.4%
  3. Les Paul / SG (humbucker pickup type)

45 vote(s)
    35.4%
  4. Other.

29 vote(s)
    22.8%
  1. thefruitfarmer

thefruitfarmer

Feb 25, 2006
    Kent UK
    Especially for those who play bass but not guitar....

Just based on sound rather than playability....

2. Why have Les Paul / SG as the same option? Totally different guitars!

Love tele's, SG's and LP's :)

3. derelicte

derelicte

Dec 25, 2007
    NJ/NYC
    PRS!

4. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I'm a pretty lousy guitarist, but if I was going to work at it more seriously, I'd want a Les Paul and a Strat. Gas over.

SG's look really cool, but don't have that much of a distinctive sound, imo. I quite like the sound of Tele's but somehow never wanted one for myself - but one day I will probably treat myself to the two mentioned above.

5. thefruitfarmer

thefruitfarmer

Feb 25, 2006
    Kent UK
    I wanted a small number of specific options, so I made the catgories up on the popular pick up configurations.....

If anyone else wants to suggest a different broad classification of the types of guitars that produce the distinctive broad we can run a different poll.....just realized I have excluded hollow body electrics like rickys.....

Maybe I should rephrase the question.....

What do you prefer out of a,b or c kind of thing??

:)

What I am getting at is whether bass players prefer one type of guitar sound to another, personally I like the sound of a telecaster - it seems to have it's own space and does n't interfere with the tones of my bass. Relatively easy to mix too.

6. rap138

rap138

May 29, 2007
    south of Spain
    I love the sound of a classical guitar well played, so vote other

7. thefruitfarmer

thefruitfarmer

Feb 25, 2006
    Kent UK
    Hmmmmm.....

I'm off now to build some bass traps...

....If everyone keeps voting other I'll start another poll with more rigid options...:D

8. Where's the option for "all those sissy instruments sound the same to me"?

:p

9. Red Special

10. PRS, my friend has one with an all rosewood neck, such a nice guitar.

11. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    My brother bought me a Gibson SG. He plays Les Pauls and Strats. if you click on my link it will go to his website he has a few clips of him playing on you tube. Pretty cool web page. :bassist:

12. I've always had a special place in my heart for Kramer guitars. After 1985, they flattened out their fretboard radii and they became amazing players.

13. BigKahuna13

BigKahuna13

Nov 21, 2004
    LI New York
    +1. I love the sound of my classical guitar though "classical
    guitar" "me" and "well" don't all belong in the same sentence
    : - )

14. I love my '80's BCR Stealth.

I also love my Moser Genesis :bassist:

15. I also dig my Partscaster :hyper:

16. We gave my Daughters boyfriend this Moser for Christmas. It's an incredible player and stands taller than most basses :) It suites his height, music and playing perfectly :bassist:

17. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I'm partial to my microtonal Hello Kitty strat.

l_eeffcaa60dc098143c9f45315f006ab5.

18. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    When I'm playing it the Les Paul can't be beat. That being said when others are playing it I often prefer Strats. Voted Les Paul tho as I'm thinking of getting another, or an ES135.

19. jwbassman

jwbassman Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2006
    For me it's a toss up between the Strat and the LP. I own both an Am. Strat and a LP Studio. I voted Strat for the shear versatility. But I really love the sound of the LP's humbuckers. Especially in a "southern rock" setting, ala Allman Brothers. But if I had to take just one guitar with me on a gig for a variety of tunes I'd opt of the Strat.

Here I am with the strat on a gig a few weeks ago. Very rarely do I play guitar on a gig...

l_a19408e6af3f747079087f72272a7f96.

20. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Right now the GAS is for a '68-'72 Les Paul Custom. Favorite guitar at the moment is a Gadow Nashville '49. NOTHING else I've played has come so close to that original Esquire sound.