Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's your favourite metronome?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lojack, Jan 9, 2005.

1. lojack

lojack

Jan 6, 2005
    don't know where else to put this...

I'm having trouble with my old "Matrix" metronome, thought I'd upgrade. At the store they had the usual click clacks, but then I saw a Boss Dr Beat 66.. nifty! The DB 88 looks mighty awe-riffic, but at 200 CDN pesoes I thought I'd scale back.

Who's got a DB 66, and is it worth it? What else do y'all use?

2. Hmm... what kind of problem are you having, exactly? When I read this thread, I went into the other room to check out what kind of metronome I owned, as it has worked flawlessly for me for several years (and may still have the original battery in it!). It's a Matrix MR-500.

3. I've also got a Matrix MR500 and it's worked ok for 7 years.

My only complaint is when I'm trying to match the exact time of a song...the metronome goes in increments and sometimes the song is in between increments. Be nice to have a digital display you could enter any bpm you wanted.

4. lojack

lojack

Jan 6, 2005
    I think my biggest problem is those terrible sequels (Trinity took forever to die..)

Ahem. My metronome never seems to be loud enough, though I'd been sticking old 9V's in there (that could be it). Also I'm getting tired the incremental adjustments (no precise bpm's).. oh, and it's bound up with duct tape.

Nah, it works, just wondering about that flashy Dr Beat 66; I think there's more functions on it like subdivisions of the beat, different beeps and twirps. For 90$ I want some good reasons to get it.

God speed, my Matrix brothers. There is no spoon!

5. Dr. Beat metranomes rule!

'nuff said