What's your favourite piece equipment?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by romac, Feb 26, 2004.

1. What's your favourite piece equipment, excluding your amp and bass???

I'm thinking of treating myself to a multi-effects unit like the Korg one. Or maybe that Tauscam CD trainer thing.

So what is the one piece of equipment you couldn;t do without??

ps. Bass wise ;)
  2. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

I use a lot fo different pedals at different times. The one pedal that sees to work well with whatever I am playing and consistently puts a smile on my face is my Sobbat Phaserbreaker. It has a very big, warm Phase 90 sound without the added distortion. Instant funky, swirly sweetness.
  3. I probably would have to say my Morley Bass Wah. It seems that at a lot of my bands gigs, the audience always requests for me to do "Aenesthesia." Without the wah, it doesn't sound right at all...
  4. I love my ART Nightbass. It may not be an evintude or T.C. Electronics, but i like it anyways. for $125 i couldn't turn a rackmount processor down and it has proved itself in the studio on many an occasion!

5. wingnutkj

Mar 27, 2003
    My Russian Big Muff.

I've got a load of distortion pedals, but this is the one I always come back to.
  6. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    By Blue Light Special Big Muff... 'cept it's MJ5150's in a few days because of monetary issues. I'll build another.
  7. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    My monster cable.
  8. Akai UniBass my current favorite an most used effect, I don't leave home without it my Zoom 607 and EHX BassBalls. :bassist:
  9. thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
  10. Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    Ooh this one's easy...

My Digitech BP200! :D

(It's really the only gear I have besides my bass and my amp)
  11. xJAZZILLAx

xJAZZILLAx Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    my LINE6 basspod pro :bassist: morley wah pedal and my gk diesel dawg od pedal
  12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I hearby predict that my favorite piece of gear will be a Blue Light Special Big Muff. One of a kind design by tplyons!

13. prismacolor2

Nov 6, 2003
    would have to be my Maxon AF-9 filter though my Choralflange is making the scene a lot these days too. I haven't had enough time to get my head around the lovetone Meatball yet. If space were not an issue, it could be my Moogerfooger low pass filter with an expression pedal. being that space generally is an issue for me on stage, the AF-9 is my most consistently used effect. This, of course is subject to change.
  14. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Although I could live without it, my favorite would be my V-Bass. I love being able to take something with a footprint smaller than my actual pedalboard, and then not have to take an amp to the gig.
  15. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Line 6 DL4 delay moddler... Equaly as fun as usefull!..

16. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    I use the EBS' BassIQ frequently, almost only in the downfilter mode with a long attack time. It can't get funkier! Every not gets some... soul, feeling... or what so ever you know.

With some Octabass and Unichorus additions, you can get an enormously funky synth sound, allmost frightning. But then you must use them altogether. And drop the volume... or use a compressor.

Real Analog Power Rules :D
  17. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    By far, especially for playing live, my Nady 3D Wireless that I've owned for 5+ years.

It's so liberating not to step on a cable & yank the bass in one direction while my picking hand is going in the other direction. :)