What's your favourite sport?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FunkyDom, Sep 6, 2002.

1. American Football (NOT SOCCER!)

6 vote(s)
  2. Baseball

0 vote(s)
  3. Cricket

1 vote(s)
  4. Hockey

11 vote(s)
  5. Lacrosse

3 vote(s)
  6. Rugby

3 vote(s)
  7. Soccer (European football)

8 vote(s)
  8. Tennis

1 vote(s)
  9. Track and Field

1 vote(s)
  10. Other

10 vote(s)
  1. FunkyDom

Aug 31, 2002
    Just wondering what everybodies favourite sport...
  2. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    SOCCER!!!! and dammit, yes, i'm american, still love the game, i've played it all my life. it's one of the only sports i can actually watch, without bein bored stiff, that and hockey, but soccer is imho the best sport in the world. (oh, and even though i'm american, i actually despise american football)
  3. Have to go with hockey because I'm Canadian, and having played every other sport on the list I can say that hockey is definitely the most challenging and in my opinion, the most fun. The fact that it is played on ice adds a whole other dimension to the game that none of the other sports have, it makes the game much faster and also "the coolest game on earth" :cool: .
  4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    RUGBY all the way!!!!!
  5. Use to be baseball but now it's the American Football.
  6. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Motorcycle Road Racing:D

Of the big four, Hockey!

7. I'm a Cross Country geek, so I guess that falls under the track and field category. I really want to start running again, in my prime I was getting 18 min 3 miles (I'd like to think that is pretty damn good!), now I'd be lucky if I could even make it through the whole 3 miles!
  8. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Downhill/freeride mountain biking.
  9. I love lacrosse. It is the greatest sport ever.
  10. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Just about anything that looks good on TV and don't get me so excited I spill the beer... :D

Kidding aside, when watching: Motorcycle road racing is high on the list, but also track and field and hockey.

When participating: I *used to* do a lot of sports (running, badminton, squash, minimoto mc roadracing, indoor soccer, indoor bandy) - but nowadays I'm happy if I get an hour of jogging or inlines done every now and then. :)
  11. I voted cricket. Why? because i am Australian and well we are the best.. *ok gloating over*

For other aussies, there's should be the option for Aussie Rules Football. I hate football.

12. BassMann2112

Jun 21, 2002
    If you have time to waste watching TV, of people making way too much money (football) playing a stupid game of any sport IMO. You need to drop the remote and start working on your chops as a bass player/musician.
    I hate sports and think they are a silly waste of everyones time and money. When I was in highschool I gave football a try in my freshman year. In the beginning, double sessions (HATED IT!) after our 1st session we would boogie back up to the garage to play music.
  13. My favourite sport is bodybuilding, not so much a sport as a subculture and lifestyle, really. War canoe is fun too, 15 people in a 30 foot boat racing for 500 meters, but I haven't done that since I was 16. War canoe race pic here: http://www.banookcanoeclub.com/img/roz0204f.jpg

And I grew up on baseball and hockey, going to the baseball hall of fame was like a pilgrimage for me and my dad.
  14. FunkyDom

Aug 31, 2002

I kindof know how you feel, those whinny stars making millions of millions of millions of dollars for doing something they love makes pissed, and the fact there always whining for more makes me even more pissed.:(

I don't think sports are a waste of time though...When you actually go out and play, you can have fun, excersise, blahblah, and all that other stuff...You say sports is a waste of time while others (not me) may say Bassin' is a waste of time...

Besides who said you can't play sports and improve you bassinability.

15. First off, I think we are talking about favorite sports to play, not watch. Second, you are weird. ;)
  16. camoe

Sep 7, 2001
    Lafayette, CO
    What? No Basketball. If anything it does help improve finger strength..;) The greatest sport ever IMHO.

17. A tough decision, but I chose soccer just barely over hockey. Soccer is pure finesse and skill, beautiful to watch and fun to play too. Of course I haven't played nearly as much since this bass playing started...
  18. FunkyDom

Aug 31, 2002
    BASKETBALL!!! How could I forget to put basketball on the list?

Ah well, I'm an idiot...
  19. Hey, we'll see about that :). I believe there is the small matter of the Ashes coming up this winter, you'll have to win that if you want claim to be the best (and even if you win it, we'll just blame home advantage :p).

My vote was for rugby, though, closely followed by soccer (I hate calling it that) and then cricket.