Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whats your IQ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 43% burnt, Aug 29, 2005.

1. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    I stumbled onto a free IQ test thing online. I've seen them before but never bothered to take it. Anyway, I just took my IQ test on line...scored a 129. Heres what they had to say about my brain:
    Pretty cool...I have no idea if thats a good score or not, But It was interesting. I'm going to try to find some info on test results. It takes roughly 20 minutes. If you have a few minutes take the test and post your results.

IQ test

2. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    Did they offer to sell you anything when they gave you your results?

Most folk don't buy things from people who've just called them stupid.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Aye.

Tickle? Used to be eMode? I don't think I've seen a score lower than 120 (hint, 120 is "above average" to "Genius" depending on who you talk to) on those. Hell, I think back when it was eMode they claimed I had an IQ of 168. Now, I might be generally clever as hell, but that's a bit much.

4. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Ha ha...of course they did. But I'm too smart for them ;)

You can take the test and don't have to buy anything. At the end of the test you can purchase an in depth analysis of your test score for just $12.95. :rollno:

Seriously though, I suspect Bass players are some of the smartest people out there. :D

5. 137 last time I took it...

6. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Sultan, your Super IQ score is 110..
    Weeeak.

The way you think about things makes you a Conceptual Synthesizer. This means you easily grasp underlying concepts when learning something new. You're also able to see complex relationships between ideas that are not always apparent to other people. You're very focused in your approach to life and are not easily distracted.

How did we determine that your thinking style is that of a Conceptual Synthesizer? When we examined your test results further, we analyzed how you scored on 8 dimensions of intelligence: spatial, organizational, abstract reasoning, logical, mechanical, verbal, visual and numerical. The 3 dimensions you scored highest on combine to make you a Conceptual Synthesizer. Only 6 out of 1,000 people have this rare combination of abilities.

7. Well, not based on an internet test but, a real world test in high school, in the dark ages. My IQ was 145. The one I took a year or so ago said that it had increased about 30 points in 15 years. I think I will just stick with the onw from school.

On a side note, I have a friend with a verified MENSA level IQ that is ad dumb as a rock when it comes to common sense.

"IQ, it's not what you know......." :D

8. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    FWIW, i found this by googling IQ statistics.

9. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    When you consider that in IQ scores, 10 pts represents one stardard deviation, fewer than 1 in 20 people actually score 120 or higher. Less than .01% of people score greater than 140. I think everyone is flattered by their online test scores.

I've never had one in person.

10. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    This is so true...Hard to believe a genius like me can sometimes have rock-like common sense too. :smug: ;)

11. I think IQ tests are complete BS. According to IQ tests 50% of the people are below average intelligence. What are the odds of that happening? Pretty convenient round number I say. Somebody cooked the figures, it couldn't have happened that way by itself....

:help: ;)

Randy

12. Based on the above chart, I'd estimate I was in the 130+ category.

Randy

13. burntgorilla

burntgorilla

Jan 24, 2005
    Belfast
    I'd love to do a proper IQ test some time. I think the BBC had a good one on their site for a while, but part of it was choosing the next step in a series of coloured balls, or them being manipulated or something. Since I'm colourblind, I had real problems trying to work out what was what. Also, you got a ridiculously short time for each question.

I think it is true though that you can be smart and have no common sense, and vice versa. All that "street smart" rubbish thick people claim they have :D

14. They actually had an IQ test Nov 2 in 2004. We can't discuss the results without getting us transported to TPA though... :D

Randy

15. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    My result is X

16. They just put a certain amount of people into a bell curve and used that average to judge how smart people are.

I hate bell curves..... unless of course it is on an exam!

17. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    I took an IQ test in school and got a 149 (although I tell people I got a 152 because it just sounds cooler). The score you need for genius varies from test to test as they all operate on different scales.

PS: Online tests are inaccurate. MENSA isn't for geniuses either; you need to be in the top 2% of intelligence. It's surprisingly easy to get in if you really want to, but I'd rather beat off with sandpaper than hang out with some of those dudes.

18. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I've taken online ones and gotten between 125 and 150.
    The "real world" ones I've taken (one in middle school, two in high school) were all relativly the same, and were 131, 137 and 134, so I imagine I fall in there somwhere.

-Ray

19. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Your scores should stay relatively the same throughout your life, so a three point deviation sounds like the tests were accurate.

20. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    That's pretty much what I figured... I tell everone 134 since it's in the middle of all three, and the latest one. But, if you ask me, IQ has nothing to do with it... some of my friends took the same tests were in the 110 range and they blow me out of the water, and one guy got 140s+ on his, and he's a complete moron (not book smart OR common sense!).

-Ray