1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Whats your lifestyle ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Sep 12, 2008.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Whats your lifestyle ? I dont know if I really had one but if I did I would say it is simply being MAJOR METAL.

2. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Go to school and be serious M-F, then have lots of fun on the weekends... Play bass at church every other Sunday which cuts into a little fun time, but it's all good. I try to keep my life as stress0free as possible, but that doesn't always happen.

3. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Bass, Boobs, Bacon, Beer.

4. hetero, married (to a woman!), 2 daughters, dayjob, part time building basses, Church activities throughout the week. Occasional glass of single malt scotch or cognac.

5. Will it determine your deathstyle? :D

Personally, these days I spend most of my time at university and doing homework. If I'm not doing that, I'm either watching movies, sports, playing bass or on the netz. I guess I'm semi-reclusive since I don't go out and party alot or anything.

6. Morning classes at a community college. Full time musician outside of that.

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Being MAJOR METAL has allready pre ordained my "DEATH STYLE". ;)

8. Croox

Croox

Sep 16, 2007
    South Side Chicago
    I work I play bass, I objectify women, play video games, and sleep.

9. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    i am a curmudgeon. :eyebrow:

10. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Work hard. Play Harder. Laugh whenever possible.

11. spencer

spencer Guest

Feb 22, 2006
    Monday-Saturday Work 6:00-4:30
    Thursday,Friday, might go out with my girl
    Saturday, usually go out with my girl and friend and his girl
    Sunday Go to church out to eat, who knows..

Play drums or bass here or there..
    Come on talkbass.

12. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I go to work: I come home: I sleep: I awake (repeat)

13. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Lifestyle? What are my options?

I am a slightly overprotective dad that likes to play bass, drums, guitar and record in my basement.

My wife and I pull in decent income but don't live "snooty". I like a cheap stiff whiskey sometimes and a good pot of chicken and dumplins'.

My wife is British and I share actually a good bit of her views (before marriage and before we even met).

My 2 kids are spoiled, my almost 3 year has his own ukelele and mini drumset. He is almost destined to be a drummer due to the fact he is Bam Bam reincarnate.

My lifestyle? I spend my money on my family and kids "now". They won't have second childhood and I don't want to have a bunch of money I can't have fun with when I am in diapers and eating out of a bottle again.

They both have massive college funds from the grandparents so we are set there.

I have a wonderful 3200 sq ft house on 1 acre and a newer car for the wife and kids to putz around in and my old beat up pickup to get me back and forth to work and haul mulch and wood.

I would say our lifestyle is normal, but we are not. :)

My wife is an artist and we are eccentric and really don't like the norm, unless you warn us you are stopping by for a visit you will see an ill organized household with a family full of love and laughs. :)

14. TallLankyBastyd

TallLankyBastyd

Jan 31, 2007
    Seattle
    I think I actually have to have a life before I can add any "style" to it...

...friggin bummer man! :scowl:

15. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    former depraved party-animal turned respectable dad of three who likes to play bass, drink beer and bump uglies with the missus.

16. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I simply do whatever Major Metal tells me to do.

17. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    I have some basses......................

18. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    I'm a stoner nerd...I have a good paying job in computers, I like video games and magic. I also have a party side...I smoke, I brew and consume beer, party hard on weekends.

Then there is bass.

19. christmetal

christmetal

Aug 21, 2008
    Jesus is my lifestyle
    everything i do is to glorify him
    i play bass in my church and attend it basically whenever it is open, im there
    and i hangout with my girl and family and thats about it

20. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Being a dad, husband, and bass player are the things that make me most happy. I work as the project manager for a company I'm a part-owner of, but it's not my passion, just a good vehicle for a decent paycheck. I like drinking good booze and beer, and I like eating good food, but cheap booze and crappy food work fine, too. I wish I got more sleep, exercised more, and had more sex. I live comfortably, but not extravagantly. I like buying toys for me, and spoiling the hell out of my wife. I spend too much time being frustrated at myself and the people around me, and not enough time laughing. Overall, I feel like a very lucky man who is happy with where life is taking me.