Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whats your most wanted bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Basroil, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Basroil

Basroil

May 25, 2005
    Lake Forest, CA
    Or if you already have one that nothing can replace.

I cant wait to get a job, so i can get a Aria or Stingray.

2. Its the Warwick Streamer Jazzman fretless I ordered that STILL hasnt arrived yet :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

3. tiredman9

tiredman9

Aug 15, 2005
    New York
    i definately have tons of GAS for a Takamine B10 acoustic bass guitar, check it out at music123.com Its like an acoustic bass with a curved uprightstyle neck and can be played vertically. If only i had 2,399 dollars....anyone wanna make a charitable donation?

4. I have an Aria, a Cardinal Series Two (one of the old, one pickup centered ones) and I love it. Wouldn't trade or sell it for anything. Especially since they don't make them anymore. I haven't played the newer, two pickup versions, but if they sound anything like mine, you're in for a treat.

I cant wait to get a job, so i can get a Aria or Stingray.[/QUOTE]

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  6. Basroil

Basroil

May 25, 2005
    Lake Forest, CA
    A good site exactly like music123 is wwbw.com

7. Basroil

Basroil

May 25, 2005
    Lake Forest, CA
    [/QUOTE]

Sweet, and they looks awsome. :D

8. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Right now it might be the Fender Master-built Jazz being discussed in another thread!

9. erm... Jamersons bass, 72 tele bass with humbucker, McCartneys first Hofner that was nicked, variax bass... :D

REALLY thinking of the Tele w/humbucker at the mo... :ninja:

10. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    My Warwick Fortress MM which was sent on its way this morning!

Variax Bass

Upright Bass

Geddy Lee Jazz

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Same company AFAIK.

12. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    A fretless 7-string nordstrand NX with a pair of Carey's custom MM pickups :ninja:

13. tiredman9

tiredman9

Aug 15, 2005
    New York
    ha! srry thats the only place I knew on the internet with a picture of it...i havent searched much. I only played on downtown at 48th street in New York and just fell in love...but hey its not something i really need so im not gonna spend 2, 400 bucks until i win the lottery :hyper:

14. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Dreamy #1: USA Spector Neck through
    Realistic #1: Spector Euro 5 LXM
    Realistic #2: Munji's 55-94 (some day not too far away!!!).

-Ray

15. adouglas

adouglas

Jun 23, 2003
    Bridgeport, CT
    Money no object: MTD 535-24

Money important, tone critical: Bongo 5 w/piezo

Sanity (i.e. no money involved): Carvin LB75A hotrodded w/Bartolini pups and Aguilar OBP-3 preamp (my current main bass).

16. Pearldiver

Pearldiver

Apr 30, 2005
    Late 80s/Early 90s (Kramer?)production run Spector bass.

Yeah, I know. SSD is around, but something about that era of Spectors really reminds me of just starting out to play when I was 16 or so.

17. bassist286

bassist286

Nov 22, 2001
    rhode island
    i'd love a ritter 4 or 6 with a tremlo. although it is very unrelistic. so i would realy enjoy a thumb NT 4 or a pedulla thunder 6 blue-green burst. oh and a flea 4 blue sparkel.

18. Dingwall...any dingwall.
    EBMM Stingray
    Bongo.

That's about it for now.

19. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Well, I consider myself GAS free after getting my MM Bongo, but if won a big lottery, I'd like a top-of-the-line 34" 5-string Alembic (which model is that?).

Another instrument I would GAS for if it had a 24-fret fingerboard and came in a 5-string version is a Rickenbacker 4003.

And a Dingwall, because the fanned fret system seems to be the perfect solution to the floppy B problem without compromising the whole instrument's feel.