Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whats your motivation?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jun 28, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

What motivates you to keep living and moving foward?.

2. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Kids.

Seriously.

There was one time when I was so depressed I was almost ready to kill myself, and what saved me was seeing a little baby boy trying to balance himself on the parapet over a beach in San Diego.

That kind of thing, you don't forget. I have little reason to live "for myself" anymore, I've had a full and rich life, and the best thing I can do right now, is to make sure my g/f is happy, and hopefully we can have a child soon.

So, the short answer is, "the next generation".

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    my wife, my family and my dog....

:D

4. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    The alternative sucks.

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I'll never do something Great if I stay in bed.

6. Nothing in particular, really.

7. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Wrong. Staying in bed is a great way to make babies. :D

8. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I just got owned.

9. l0lz@ superduck & nonsqtr :D

for me, it would be Blue (my dog), the thrill of pushing myself (physically and sometimes mentally) - this doesnt happend often anymore -, playing live and if there is someone special in my life... of which is so so atm ;)

my family, yeah i spose. i walsy sound really ungrateful when it comes to them; im not, but they let do my own thing and don't really push me, which is cool. i also don't share many interests with them.
    on the other hand, they do support me, so i spose i am also going on for them becuase of what they give me... :)
    /ramble

10. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    I love my folks, but not as much as I love this:

That's about as good as it gets, IMO.

:) :cool:

11. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    Thanks, man. Couldn't agree more. ;)

And that's the only picture I had handy, I have one of the other flavor at home, too. :D

Every single day those two have a way of making me want to give 100% to everything I do.

12. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Try this the next time you are having a bad day. Get in your car and go find a homeless person - in most areas that shouldn't be too difficult. Next continue to drive to the next Burger King or whatever and get the order something good (include a drink - they are usually badly dehydrated). Hand it to them and say 'this is for you'. I first did this when I was 19 and never stopped- it will change your life and (I'm not kidding) improve your playing. The longer I live the more I can repeat this process.
    You won't miss the $4 :help:

13. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    This motivation to keep on going is what i've been trying to figure out recently. I've even went to the extent of asking my bandmates(two are over 15 years older than me, the others are almost 30).

Sadly, their answers weren't too inspiring, but apparently theres something worth waiting on...or something.

I have had an eye opening realization lately. I found that I was pretty much waiting for life to come to be. Now I just have to realize how to go after life instead.

14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    That's what life does. It lives.

15. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    My relationships with others.

16. I might figure out something worthwhile to do tomorrow.

Randy

17. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Instict, I suppose.