1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what's your next bass going to be?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pcake, Jun 5, 2019.

1. felis

felis

Jul 31, 2013
    Midwest, USA
    No GAS for anything right now, but that could change after the summer NAMM show next month.

TolerancEJ likes this.
  2. Robert Darby

Robert Darby Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2018
    Yes, I would hesitate for that price there are some awesome basses out there.

3. EBMM hasn’t made any announcement yet but if they do I am looking forward to a Stingray5 Special fretless.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  4. groove pump

groove pump

Oct 24, 2006
    US made Peavey Fury perhaps. Built by the home team, crazy cheap, and the fundamental P-bass blueprint is just meat-'n-potatoes awesome.

Edit: Oh yeah, also thinking of talking over the possibility of building a 3-string with my luthier pals...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    MynameisMe likes this.
  5. groove pump

groove pump

Oct 24, 2006
    I'm usually not so wild about a white paint job, but that one's got panache!!

MCF likes this.
  6. I agree... go white! :thumbsup:

7. Crashorama

Crashorama

Jan 27, 2017
    Have a Stingray 5 and a 97 Fender Jazz deluxe. Next up I am looking at an Ibanez srf700 or 705 Portamento. Always wanted a fretless.

Johnnyz23 likes this.
  8. If and when I ever get positive cash flowing again, I'd like something in a non-reverse T-Bird.

[​IMG]

I'd also like to upgrade from my Squier '51 style P to a Fender of some type.

[​IMG]

9. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    Four basses and not gigging, not much excuse for a "next" bass, lol... but if I find one of these at the local GC for a good price I might just have to sneak it in the house. :) yamaha-bb425x-tbs[1].

Just go for it likes this.
  10. 7615

Nov 19, 2015
    A Tonika - preferably Green.

Nashrakh likes this.
  11. BrooklynBen

BrooklynBen

Feb 17, 2014
    New York
    I would love to control my insatiable appetite for buying electric basses and save up to get a better upright. I'm still playing a 1952 Kay Plywood upright right now. It sounds fine, but I think I really deserve an actual upright at this point.

12. BillLee64

BillLee64

Jul 2, 2014
    Here's my current Spector. On the way, between October and January, is a Euro-6 in green stain with a maple neck and chrome hardware. I've never seen a 6 in green with a maple neck, and I'm told they're closing down the line, so this one will have even more meaning to me.

Attached Files:

pcake likes this.
  13. I have a serious case of GAS at the moment, mixed with a bit of indecisiveness.

I have a Fender MIM P-bass (my #1) and an Epiphone Toby standard Jazz (my "travel" bass) at the moment. My GAS list includes a Sandberg California (€1600) and a Yamaha TRBX-5xx (€500), along with a couple of pedals (distortion/fuzz/octaver).

The Yamaha will probably be my next purchase, but I am undecided if I want to stay with 4 strings (504) or make the jump to a 5 string (505 model).

If I go to 5 strings, I would like to try out a Dingwall, Ibanez or Cort "fanned fret" bass before I buy the Yamaha, just in case the fanned frets makes a huge difference in my playing.

Ah, so many wishes, and so little time. I have the money for the Yamaha, but I have a bit more hesitation before spending 4-digit sums on my hobby.

14. Gustopher

Gustopher

Jul 30, 2018
    SWVA
    A gunmetal grey Reverend Thundergun. It’s exactly what I want in looks and sound.

Clark W likes this.
  15. Tula

Tula

Feb 11, 2016
    Next bass will be a Rick Turner Model 2 . Very versatile tonality and extremely comfortable to play.

pcake likes this.
  16. Alevine1nc

Alevine1nc

May 29, 2019
    I would like to have an SG bass and a tele bass one day. Also an SG or P style lucite body. Very cool (to me)! :bassist:

17. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

A local tech is building me a 5-string J-bass, early 60's style: passive stack knob, rosewood board with dots and no binding. Seafoam green, white guard, probably Nordstrand stack coil pickups. He's carving the neck for me from scratch: I requested an asymmetric profile. He said he could probably get me a repro vintage Fender J-bass decal for the headstock.

A few years ago he built me a 1958-style Fender P-bass five string, also with asymmetric profile neck, also with repro vintage Fender decal (spaghetti logo in this case).

Yes, I'm an oddball. I love vintage Fenders, but play 5-string exclusively.

I don't feel the least bit guilty about the Fender decals because I will never sell them as a Fender, and I when anyone asks I always say they are not Fender. Besides, they'd never fool anyone who has the slightest clue about Fenders.

The J5 in progress. It's genuine seafoam green, but my phone camera decided to turn it blue.
    IMG_20190522_091337.

Clark W, pcake and Nashrakh like this.
  18. bigtone23

bigtone23

Dec 10, 2014
    Denver, CO
    I’m so set with my stable of basses. IF I were to buy anything, it would be a bass that is slightly better looking or playing to replace one currently owned, or a weird, specialty bass like a Höfner Galaxie.

19. I will be subscribed and glued to the TalkBass NAMM thread in July.

20. Ricky J Travis

Ricky J Travis

Jan 27, 2019
    For me it going to be a Wyn singlecut 7-string with all the bells and whistles.

TolerancEJ and pcake like this.