1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

What's your pedalboard material of choice?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gremson, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Gremson

Gremson

Mar 22, 2012
    North-Leftern USA
    I haven't had a board, or been in a position to play music with people four eight months. But I just landed in Austin a few weeks ago and I've got the itch!
    Since I travel by motorcycle I plan to get myself a small combo amp that'll be just enough for rehearsals and stage monitoring. I want to get all my sound from my board in case I beg, borrow, or steal someone else's amp at gigs later on down the line.
    I've curated these pieces for my mobile recording rig, and since it's become my ideal recording sound, it seems to me it'd be great for a live rig too. I just want to mount them to something.
    $70 for a pedal train to hold three pedals is just silly. I though about a cheap cutting board, but I'm curious what interesting ideas you guys have.
    Any creative ideas? I don't have a whole lot of tools to cut things to size.

Attached Files:

2. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Columbia SC
    A few of my friends have custom boards constructed out of wood (made by legit builders) and while they look amazing and certainly do the trick, I’m personally willing to pay a little extra for some machined lightweight aluminum slathered in velcro (I own a Pedaltrain and have no regrets!)

superheavyfunk likes this.
  3. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Columbia SC
    As far as unconventional pedalboard ideas go- I must say that most of the fun I have going to IKEA is letting my potential board material imaginings run wild. So much laminate! I guess I feel the same way at Target when I’m looking at the cutting boards.

bassbrad likes this.
  4. Clip boards are the right stiffness, easy to find and available in several sizes.

Welcome to Austin.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Gremson and cataract like this.
  5. GMC

GMC

Jan 1, 2006
    Wiltshire, UK
    Marine Birch Ply...it's super light and very stiff. _W5A2137.jpg

Gremson likes this.
  6. waveman

waveman

Sep 25, 2008
    get a 1x6 piece of wood, some rubber feet, and 2" velcro strips.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021