1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

whats your pick

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KCjedi/S19, Aug 12, 2002.

1. KCjedi/S19

KCjedi/S19

Aug 10, 2002
    Florida
    just out of curiousity whats your favorite bass other than the one you own and why?

mine is the fodera Victor Wooten with a Buckeye Burl top I'm just a big fan and they are really comfortable to play now I just need about 4 grand of extra cash that I could just spend

2. stingray ... because they sound, feel and look good

3. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    Peavey Cirrus 6 is just so easy to play, and it sounds awesome, if I had money I'd buy it, it fits my needs perefectly!

EDIT: I forgot my love for the Epiphone Explorer!

4. so you're basically asking, what's the next bass you'd like to get?

for me, an MIA p-bass. preferably black with maple fingerboard.

5. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    well mine would be
    well a couple..
    Old Gibson Eb-3 (im gonna build a warmoth with 2 jazz pups in it.. sg style someday paint it black and put a black perloid pickguard on it)
    ------
    Conklin 7 string fretted
    ------
    washburn 8 string

6. Modulus Genesis V...probably Walnut or Chechen top....yummm

Or maybe even a Warwick Corvette V (fretless)

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

I already have all of my picks except for a five string P Bass. If you want to know what they are, look at my profile.

8. I'd certainly like to have a Conklin GT-7. It's inexpensive and fun to piddle around with. That's the one that's attainable. My unattainable pick would have to be a ceruse finish F Bass BN6 with an ebony fretboard.

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    This is mine.
    [​IMG]

It's a Ken Bebensee.

10. Modulus Quantum 4 or 5 string, Flea bass, Warwick Jack Bruce Fretless. I love how it plays and feels.

11. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Right now... Celinder J Update. If I could make it sound anything close to the sound clips I've heard, it's one awesome-sounding J. And I am a big fan of J-style basses. An F-bass wouldn't hurt either.

12. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    well... I think I have the bass I love...

But I would like the following as well

another Stingray 5 (had to sell her)
    an F bass
    an R bass
    a bebensee bass
    an MTD535
    an elrick Single cut

13. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    It's a toss-up between:
    Fender Roscoe Beck V
    Les Godfrey Dragonetti
    MM Stingray
    MTD 635

14. BlacksHole

BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    I also like the Bebensee's. But the Jerzy's are also cool. It's a tough choice since I've never actually played either. Regardless, I like these fancy "art" basses. Perhaps I should be more practical, but as long as I'm juist dreaming, practicality has no place.

15. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Elrick single-cut 6-string E-volution.

16. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    For me it has always been a Warwick SS II. However, a couple weeks ago at the GC in Boston, I played a used F Bass BN5 (its gone now).....very nice. So now I would say it is a tie between the two.

17. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    For the combination of look, feel and tone, I can't seem to find something I like better than a Ken Smith.

I may ultimately end up cashing in a couple of basses to get the several Gs I would need for a neckthrough.

But I am still far from crossing that bridge.

Chas

18. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I have a '73 Jazz bass on the way.

19. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I love my 4 string Fodera J but right now I think I'd really like to have a Pedulla Pentabuzz. Love that mwah!!! (also that's the one I've played most recently :) ) That would meet my desire for 5 string and fretless all-in-one.

brad cook

20. Curiously, since I got my Peavey Cirrus 5, I haven't been GASsin' at all for anything else. That will likely change down the road, but right now it suits me perfectly.

Maybe one day a Stingray 5... one day...