Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

whats your pick

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KCjedi/S19, Aug 12, 2002.

1. KCjedi/S19

KCjedi/S19

Aug 10, 2002
    Florida
    just out of curiousity whats your favorite bass other than the one you own and why?

mine is the fodera Victor Wooten with a Buckeye Burl top I'm just a big fan and they are really comfortable to play now I just need about 4 grand of extra cash that I could just spend

2. stingray ... because they sound, feel and look good

3. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    Peavey Cirrus 6 is just so easy to play, and it sounds awesome, if I had money I'd buy it, it fits my needs perefectly!

EDIT: I forgot my love for the Epiphone Explorer!

4. so you're basically asking, what's the next bass you'd like to get?

for me, an MIA p-bass. preferably black with maple fingerboard.

5. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    well mine would be
    well a couple..
    Old Gibson Eb-3 (im gonna build a warmoth with 2 jazz pups in it.. sg style someday paint it black and put a black perloid pickguard on it)
    ------
    Conklin 7 string fretted
    ------
    washburn 8 string

6. Modulus Genesis V...probably Walnut or Chechen top....yummm

Or maybe even a Warwick Corvette V (fretless)

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I already have all of my picks except for a five string P Bass. If you want to know what they are, look at my profile.

8. I'd certainly like to have a Conklin GT-7. It's inexpensive and fun to piddle around with. That's the one that's attainable. My unattainable pick would have to be a ceruse finish F Bass BN6 with an ebony fretboard.

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    This is mine.
    [​IMG]

It's a Ken Bebensee.

10. Modulus Quantum 4 or 5 string, Flea bass, Warwick Jack Bruce Fretless. I love how it plays and feels.

11. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Right now... Celinder J Update. If I could make it sound anything close to the sound clips I've heard, it's one awesome-sounding J. And I am a big fan of J-style basses. An F-bass wouldn't hurt either.

12. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    well... I think I have the bass I love...

But I would like the following as well

another Stingray 5 (had to sell her)
    an F bass
    an R bass
    a bebensee bass
    an MTD535
    an elrick Single cut

13. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    It's a toss-up between:
    Fender Roscoe Beck V
    Les Godfrey Dragonetti
    MM Stingray
    MTD 635

14. BlacksHole

BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    I also like the Bebensee's. But the Jerzy's are also cool. It's a tough choice since I've never actually played either. Regardless, I like these fancy "art" basses. Perhaps I should be more practical, but as long as I'm juist dreaming, practicality has no place.

15. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Elrick single-cut 6-string E-volution.

16. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    For me it has always been a Warwick SS II. However, a couple weeks ago at the GC in Boston, I played a used F Bass BN5 (its gone now).....very nice. So now I would say it is a tie between the two.

17. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    For the combination of look, feel and tone, I can't seem to find something I like better than a Ken Smith.

I may ultimately end up cashing in a couple of basses to get the several Gs I would need for a neckthrough.

But I am still far from crossing that bridge.

Chas

18. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I have a '73 Jazz bass on the way.

19. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I love my 4 string Fodera J but right now I think I'd really like to have a Pedulla Pentabuzz. Love that mwah!!! (also that's the one I've played most recently :) ) That would meet my desire for 5 string and fretless all-in-one.

brad cook

20. Curiously, since I got my Peavey Cirrus 5, I haven't been GASsin' at all for anything else. That will likely change down the road, but right now it suits me perfectly.

Maybe one day a Stingray 5... one day...