whats your poison

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Nov 4, 2004.

1. what can ya stand, what cant ya stand, what gives ya headaches hangovers etc etc..

3 food groups
    beer, not a fan of black
    bourbon, jim beam, cougar or woodstock
    vodka, smirnoff, nothing else

gin and wine get me ill
  2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    da da da da da da da da
    da da da da da da da
    da da da da da da da da
    da da da da da da da

Can't stand beer. Like wine...my staple wines are Ecco Domani pinot grigio, Yellow Tail shiraz and Esser Cellars Chard. I like tequila in pretty much any form. I like mixed drinks with interesting flavors...mojito, amaretto sour, etc... Call me girly but Lucious Blackberry Bartles and James wine coolers are da bomb.

brad cook
  3. I love proper ciders and Bellhaven fruit beer, and a Belgian beer called Kwak. I can't stand lagers or cheap beer. I HATE vodke with a passion, that makes me wanna puke.
  4. girly :p

theres a club here in newy called frostbites..they sell alcaholic slush puppies, they usually have 5 diff spirits and a few fruit juices..so nice
  5. I'm a total girl drink drunk.
    A really fine bartendress in my local hang makes these concoctions all the time, and I'm a guinea pig for that shizzy...

I really like Vodka. I despise beers...I have been told I don't "understand" beer. I just think it's weak swill.

Gin gets me ill. Same with the Bourbons and Whiskeys.

Big fan of Rum. Loves the Kahlua, and Midori flows like rivers around me.

But I maintain that I have never been flat-out drunk, have no desire to, but I actually appreciate what I'm drinking, savor it, not just an excuse to get a buzz.

Smirnoff Triple Black is my fave social drink. Delicious.
  6. ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Usually beer. But when that gets old I'll drink Jim Beam or Johnny Walker.

Don't like Vodka. Gin and Rum are tolerable. Wine: once in a while.

What I don't drink: Tequila or ANY type of mixed drink.
  7. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Beer only, but can't drink Budweiser (something in it makes me sick). Don't like wine or mixed drinks, and don't like doing shots.
  8. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    When I was a kid, I used to drink beer... At the start, I went thru a Michelob phase... Then, when the value of money hit me in the USAF, I started drinking cheap beer & would get Old Milwaukee from the Class VI store. A case for 3.99! Then, I became a civilian & started to earn NORMAL amounts of money & found I liked Killian's Red, & Michlob Amberbock...

But, somewhere along the line, I realized I HATE how bloated beer makes you feel.. That's when I started drinking Martini's! Now THAT's a drink... goes down like jet fuel, & kicks you in the jimmy HARD,, AND, you don't have to piss ever 5 minutes!
  9. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    I love beer (of the mainstream lagers I like Heineken the best, of the stouts I've tried so far Guinness is the best, I've just started trying out various ales). I like whiskey (Dalwhinnie's the absolute favourite thus far). I can't drink wine. White spirits in drinks only (Ouzo the possible exception, if it counts as one). I'm a sucker for White Russian drinks. I got very sick from Tequila once, the memories are bad enough to make me stay away from it.

Of the "girly drinks", I have a special knack for Bacardi Breezer, the watermelon kind. But when I can get two 50 cl cans of beer for the price of one 33 cl Breezer, I choose beer 9 occasions of 10.

I don't drink very often, less than once a month on average. I'd love to do it more often, just try out new beers and whiskeys and such with good friends, but a tight budget and desire to lose weight keeps me from it. That's a good thing, I suppose.
  10. Drink: Tequila (any), white-rum (Bacardi), vodka (any), absinthe (ain't much variety, here), whiskey (Canadian Club) and decent beer (excludes XXXX bitter, for example).

Favourite drinks: tequila sunrise, screwdriver and absinthe (no sugar, no water, just ice).

Best shots: **** sucking cowboys and sambuca.

Won't drink: cheap beer, any wine and especially goon. Everything else is up for drinking.

Party on!

11. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Beer. Beer beer beer.

All shapes and sizes, it's all good. Bring it on! Current favourite being weissbier, Franziskaner and such, but pretty much anything goes as long as it's not Bud :smug:

Ponder, I just noticed a Finnish lager called Koff has been awarded as a best draught lager in the world. I guess I'm spoiled!

Actually, I managed to find one decent swedish beer. (Sorry Oysterman and other fellows in my neighbouring country, but usually your local stuff can be bit weak, at least when it comes to milder starköl's..) It's called Humlan, and has some honey in it, quite ok if it's cold from a glass. Made by Carlsberg, though..

Raw booze I can't stand, my stomach is sensitive so anything more than half a shot of vodka makes me unable to keep any food in the following day, even if I just take one shot! :eek:
  12. in beer:
    tooheys new
    tooheys red
    corona's..occasionally..i never noticed how fould that stuff smells
    crown lager
  13. Guinness Stout or vodka martinis made with top shelf stuff like Grey Goose or Ketel One (Straight up, extra dry and two olives). On occasion I'll have a whiskey or scotch on the rocks and again it has to be top shelf. Drinking the cheap stuff isn't worth it to me......

14. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!

I don't like crap vodka's... It's at least gotta be Absolut. Of course, Grey Goose, Skyy & level are all fine.
  15. Budweiser doesn't count as a beer, it counts as bat's piss! :p
  16. I can't stand beer and wine...the only stuff I'll go for is the "harder" stuff like Vodka, SoCo, Rum.
  17. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    No no,,, it's horse piss... & Coors is commonly referred to as Bear Whiz Beer.
  18. Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    I despise beer. Gin, too.

I am a fan of rum, vodka, and whiskey.
  19. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Everything's made by Carlsberg these days... :scowl:
    Before giving a final verdict on Swedish beer, you should at least try Eriksberg (by Carlsberg :meh: ), Spendrup's Old Gold and, my favourite, Nils Oscar Kalasöl (= "party beer"). The last one isn't available everywhere though, small stores don't usually have Nils Oscar in stock.
  20. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    I have no idea how you can drink that stuff. Much less pay for the hype.

As a side note, Level bottles are a PITA to manufacture. I know, I've done it. Like anyone would care.