What's your recommendation?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lamiae, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Lamiae

Feb 7, 2005
    So I got myself a brand new 5 string Traben Pheonix not too long ago and I'm gonna need to change amps. Right now I've got a 300 watt Fender combo with a built in EQ. It's alright but it doesn't give me the power I want. I was wondering what you guys would recommend to get the perfect "violent / powerful" sound anyone who plays nothing but true brutal metal... without a pic of course :smug:

Soooooo :help:
  2. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    If you read the thread about combo amps, you know one thing for sure. You don't want to look like a weinie!!! :eyebrow:
  3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    true that
    specially not when you're being brutal.
    if you really need lots of volume and your amp isnt doing it for you you might want to look into something that can put out 600 or more into 4 ohms and then get yourself an 8 ohm 410 and 8 ohm 210. i would think that's pretty metal.
  4. Lamiae

Feb 7, 2005
    Tankie :) anything you would personnaly recommend?

:bassist: ««« ahaha hell yeah! I love that emoticon
  5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Well, there are a lot of paths to take here, but I wo uld think that the preamp of your choice (see basstasters), plus a beefy power amp (say, Crest CA9, QSC PLX 3002, or Stewart World 2.1), into an Accugroove El Whappo would be a good place to start.