1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What's your rig of choice for this weekend? Part 2.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Thor, May 21, 2013.

1. svtb15

svtb15

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig
    Call that stage setup.. The OREOS! LOL

Are we all too PC to not think that would be cute?

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  2. Hi Fuzzbass,
    What is the headless bass? I like that! :bassist::hyper:
    I'm glad you are enjoying the dUg pedal. I soooo wish they would do the same thing with the GED2112 pre.
    Best wishes,
    Brent

Fuzzbass likes this.
  3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

The GED2112 made me wish I still had my rack rigs! I used to own RBI, RPM, and VT-RM. A pedal version of the GED is a great idea.

The headless is a custom Zon Sonus 519: fancy present to myself for getting older. Fortunately I survived the 9.5 month build time. :D

4. Very cool!:) I've never had the opportunity to try out a Zon. I've wanted to try out a Sonus for the longest time.
    Take care,
    Brent

Pbassmanca and Fuzzbass like this.
  5. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    The AVRI 62 Jazz and TV 15 got the nod for the senior health fair Saturday.
    20180512_120211~2.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  6. Marathon practice session before hitting the road.

A0154203-1D89-4BBC-BA2E-5E8F17334C09.

Pbassmanca and rodl2005 like this.
  7. Fuzzbass

Last night we crammed into a small, unremarkable tavern, but still tried to play rock star!

Behind the smokescreen:
    Sadowsky NYC Ultra Vintage P5
    Martin Keith Elfin Plus 5
    Reiner Amplification VHF700 head
    Bergantino HG310 cab
    Darkglass B7K Ultra
    Tech 21 DP-3X (dUg Pinnick distortion)
    Reiner Amplification Gasoline overdrive

IMG_20180513_000133.

BrentSimons, Lex P., Wicked G and 2 others like this.
  8. Pbassmanca

Pbassmanca Heavily favouring the neck pickup... Supporting Member

A TV fifteen is on the GAS list for me....

BrentSimons and Datsgor like this.
  9. Hey @Fuzzbass. You seem to be using that HG310 a darn lot. You're still digging it lots? Iirc, you like/ have a NV610 and, like me, love that as much as I do my NV215. I usually use my Fender Super Bassman all tube beast, but I'm also using a B|Amp, so.... another Berg cab is on my GAS list.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  10. Wicked G

Wicked G

Jan 19, 2017
    Far West Texas
    Last nights gig I used a TC Electronic BH800, which I have not used in a very long time, with 2 TC Electronic K212 cabs, 2 Sterling Ray 34's, an ESP/LTD B-4z through a Line 6 wireless system.
    IMAG0374.
    I usually stack the cabs vertically, but I thought it was going to be a pretty loud show and didn't want the speakers closer to my ears so I stacked them horizontally. Luckily it wasn't that loud and I could still hear everything perfectly, so I just left them horizontally.

BrentSimons, Fuzzbass and svtb15 like this.
  11. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    Right on, I love mine and somehow it seems to have become the default amp for this cover band. Which is fine, it sounds great but I would sure like to use my Mesa Boogie more.

BrentSimons and Pbassmanca like this.
  12. Pbassmanca

Pbassmanca Heavily favouring the neck pickup... Supporting Member

Given what I know about your level of patience, 9 1/2 months of waiting for a bass is mere child's play.....;)

Fuzzbass likes this.
  13. Fuzzbass

Wow, good eye: the HG310 (or two) has had a loooong run of gigs. I definitely prefer the NV610, but the HG310 sounds nice and when I get my rig dialed in properly I forget that it has neo drivers.

Two reasons I've been using the HG so much. First, I got a bunch of gigs with a new rock band, but almost all of them are at unfamiliar venues, and I do not want to risk having to haul the NV up a flight of stairs or cram it onto a teeny stage. Second: as of this year my long-running rock band is no longer playing three venues that had wide stages and easy load-in that allowed me to use NV610 -- that was a result of bad luck with one venue, and bad behavior by a certain bandmate at the other two. :rollno: I really really miss the NV, but my ears are adjusting to the HG.

BrentSimons and jastacey like this.
  14. NickFromNY

NickFromNY Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    77D31438-DE26-4B63-8DAF-77ECBD113DA6. Last Sunday I used this rig with full PA support for an Eagles tribute gig. This weekend with Springsteen-style band I will pull the walkabout head and use it with a Bergantino CN410. Bass is fender Road Worn P-bass with Lollar overwound pickup.

Element Zero, Datsgor, Lovep and 5 others like this.
  15. ezstep

ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
    Two Subway 15's under a Genz Benz head (probably a Shuttle6.0).

BrentSimons likes this.
  16. BasturdBlaster

BasturdBlaster

Feb 19, 2012
    Crandon WI
    I have bigger rigs though it would seem most places are "boomy" so ... this works,hehe... 20180513_001221. 20180513_001211. 32430283_950580085103128_6826495013958975488_n (1).

Last edited: May 17, 2018 at 12:35 AM
  17. unbridled

unbridled

May 26, 2005
    Montana
    Endorsing Artist-Compton Compensated Custom Bridges (for Gretsch 6ers)
    I got it for $30 at a Goodwill store (that store has been good to me.) It had static and would cut out when messing with the volume ofcaoccasion. I cleaned the internals well and replaced one pot, and it has been great ever since.

This was a "travel light' gig, but was also close to home, so my wife could have brought me my Rumble if I had needed it. I always have a DI besides the DI built in to the Battalion (which is great.) A DI is always a last resort when we play with the small P.A.

Last edited: May 19, 2018 at 2:45 PM
    BrentSimons and BasturdBlaster like this.
  18. Fuzzbass

IMG_20180518_235726.

From last night's tavern gig with my all original blues/funk/rock power trio. I played the Zon because the hot rod bass was picking up noise -- apparently it isn't shielded and/or grounded well. The Zon was super quiet (noise-wise) and sounded fantastic.

I used my two newest pedals: Tech 21 DP-3X (dUg Pinnick sig), and OvniFX Smoothie compressor. The dUg was used for two-thirds of the gig. I used the Smoothie by itself for a few songs, and with the dUg for a few songs. And I used no FX for a few songs.

BrentSimons and BasturdBlaster like this.
  19. fourstr00

fourstr00

Mar 21, 2002
    Chicago Area
    DCC378BF-ADB5-4176-835F-58A82F3EAC1B.

Nice and easy backyard wedding tonight with an acoustic sextet, doubling as Soundguy. Beers in the cooler and a buffet, with dogs running around and everyone dancing. Great night out.

20. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Played a private party tonight. Took my Valenti T21-J5 and played through my API TranZformer LX into my ElectroVoice powered speaker