1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's your ringtone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by wdinc01, Jun 17, 2007.

1. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    The Mail MF is pretty easy to get online, just search for it.

2. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    The general ringtone is Pat Metheny's "Follow Me", with vocals by the Polish singer Anna Maria Jopek. Great singer and good-looking too, well worth checking out! ;)

Then when some of my musician friends calls, it's "Blues In My Heart" by Count Basie Orchestra, except when someone from the reggae band calls, then it's Bob Marley's "Sun Is Shining".

When some of my closest friends calls, "Footstompin' Music" by Grand Funk Railroad starts playing.

I used to have "Barbara Coast" from the Jaco Pastorius Word of Mouth Revisited record. But I drove my non-musical work mates crazy with it so I changed it. Now they only gets terrorized by That Count Basie big band song.... :D I think it's fair, because one of them has the sound of a chainsaw as the ringtone. That gets rather irritating. I'm glad he's on father's leave now for four weeks...

3. Yvon

Yvon

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    iron man!

But since it's always closed i don't hear it often! :)

4. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    Tommy the Cat. My parts guy at work has the Wookie from Star Wars!

5. rap138

rap138

May 29, 2007
    south of Spain
    just a simple melody that came with the phone and so low i rarely pick the phone on time

6. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Three Days Grace - Pain

7. Eastenders TV theme, bhangra remix. Or, sometimes Reese Witherspoon cussing in Freeway "look who got beaten with the ugly stick. Is that you Bob? My God, I never thought such an itty bitty gun could make such a big mess out of someone! You are so ugly Bob! Oh, and hey, I heard you've got one of those poop bags where the s--t comes out the side, you're just a big old s--tbag aren't ya Bob? I hope you think of me every time you s--t into that thing, motherf---er!"

8. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Um, how does that work? I've had a SLVR for a year now and don't have a clue about it's potential.

As for tones, my main ringtone currently is "Dead Man" by Jars of Clay. The wife gets Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight" and I also have "Cemetary Gates" by Pantera.

9. Mary Jane's Last Dance.

10. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab HELIX user & BOSE Abuser

Feb 11, 2004
    Texas
    Stock Qualcomm QCP 2760

502904-elec_lg-resized200.jpg

VERY old, can't read anything on any of the keys(worn off), been dropped hundreds of times, drowned 3 times...dried out and fired right up, and we can't have camera phones at work.

If only I could swap in a color, easier-to-read display....

11. If you don't mind me asking, where do you work that doesn't allow you to have camera phones? Government job perhaps? :ninja:

12. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Firstly, you'll need a way to hook it up to your computer. The easiest way is with a mini-USB cable (these commonly come with digital cameras). Then, you need Motorola's Phone Tools installed on your computer. After that, it's pretty straight forward. Pretty much anything you'll need to get it on your phone is in the program.

13. BetterBottomEnd

BetterBottomEnd <- Not me I just like looking at her

Jan 9, 2007
    Cable Wi
    Me? Motorola v250 I think. With a couple relatively easy hacks I can put whatever MP3's I want on it. Right now the A-Team theme song.

14. The_D

The_D Well, thats like your opinion. Man...

Mar 20, 2004
    Fife, Scotland
    Daytripper by the beatles. My sms is a clip from Team America not suitable for TB and I get some funny looks sometimes.

My mate has like an air raid signal sound and someone shouting "The wife, its the wife" when his girl fones.

15. The_D

The_D Well, thats like your opinion. Man...

Mar 20, 2004
    Fife, Scotland
    Bluetooth all the way baby :p

16. Who Can It Be Now - Men at Work

Seemed appropriate....

17. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

Vintage telephone bell.

I hate fancy attention-getting ringtones because they're so misused. My office has a "cell phones to vibrate" policy, but there are many a-holes that ignore it and let their cell phones blare the most annoying ringtones imaginable.

That's the fault of the user, not the ringtone. But I can ignore "normal" ringtones more easily. So, that's why I have a "normal" ringtone.

18. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Have the cord, I use the iTunes on the phone all the time. Is Motorola's Phone Tools available as a download, as I don't remember seeing it with the phone?

19. Regular calls - Green Onions [Booker T]
    Friends - Summertime (Miles Davis' take) or House of the Rising Sun
    Guitarist in band - Purple Haze
    Girlfriend - Blue Monk
    Txt messages - a song by my band, done in iMelody
    Home or Dad - loud annoying ring

20. marcray

marcray

Nov 28, 2006
    Englishman in Oyster Bay, NY
    Aging Former Bass Player
    the intro to "Highway To Hell"... never fails to get a look...

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021