1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's your ringtone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by wdinc01, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    Just the standard ring ring ring the phone came with.

I'm old and boring.

2. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Legally, no. You figured you'd be able to use songs on your iTunes as a ringtone, but appearently that would be make too much sense. My friend's SLVR has iTunes on it, and she still asked me to put a ringtone on her phone. I think it's kind of ridiculous, but whatever.

You might be able to luck out and find a friend with it. Otherwise, it'll cost you $30. Maybe you can find some friends in your situation so they can pitch in to buy a CD. Honestly, you'd think it would come with the phone, but I guess not.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    For my LG VX8300 I crop the section of a given song that I want to use as a ringtone and then I email the song to my phone. Then when I receive the email on my phone with the attached ringtone I select options and then something like "Set as ringtone". It all takes very little time.

bc

4. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Yeah, that's why I used to do with my old LG phone before it got ran over by a car/truck/bus. I like it much better transferring straight from my computer. Don't have to worry about fees or anything.

5. HELLonWHEELS

HELLonWHEELS Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Houston
    I got a whole bunch this is what I'm using irght now

Ode to Joy
    William Tell Overture
    The Macarena
    Ghost Buster's Theme

I'm awesome I know

6. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab HELIX user & BOSE Abuser

Feb 11, 2004
    Texas
    Petochem plant, instrumentation & controls. It is VERY much like hooking up a multichannel sound system with the field instruments=microphones or DI boxes and the DCS(control system) being a "smart" mixing board.

The camera thing is to prevent "borrowing" of ideas for sure but it may also be a cya thing.

7. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Western NY
    AFI - Prelude 12/21 is the main ring. Special rings for special people. But it's on vibrate 90% of the time.

8. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Street Fighter 2 - Ken's Stage.

9. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Level 42-The Sun Goes Down or Peter Gabriel's "Solsbury Hill" live from the "Growing Up" tour.

10. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I've got one of those old phone ringers. I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it yet in this thread.

11. lowendtheory

lowendtheory I like the bass

Sep 2, 2003
    Australia, Brisbane
    certain shade of green by incubus - most calls
    DMV by primus - Daveze
    smells like teen spirit, my mum
    Funky tonight byt the john butler trio - for my wife

12. Fela's Cock - Red Hot Chili Peppers

13. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Livin' on a Prayer by Bon Jovi

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021