Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's your setup? Is it good and why?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Sojhen, Mar 14, 2005.

1. You see I have my Hamer.. And I'm looking to
    a) Upgrade it
    or
    b) Buy another bass and upgrade that

but here is my problem.... I've been playing bass for a couple years but I have no knowledge in the technical area...
    So my question is this... What works for you any why?... How did you figure out what you liked? Did you just shell out alot of money trying this and trying that or what..? I'm not rich so I could'nt possibly afford to try everything ... How did you come about such knowledge and maybe you could allow me to partake of some of your wisdom. Iam but an ignorant bass player... "ignorant as in truely ignorant not the 'ignorant *******' meaning of the word which isn't a meaning of the word at all just idiot slang"

Thank you for your time and I hope you can help... :bassist: :meh:

Mod edit: please mask all profanity.

2. Hmm, it's definately about upgrading pickups, but also maybe putting mother of pearl in the neck, I would also like to get the basses name carved into it somewhere.. getting a different scratchboard, would it be better to get higher quality machine heads, better knobs..? A better bridge...
    A make over...

Sorry for not masking ******* :bassist:

Mod edit: COMPLETELY mask profanity. :D

3. I appreciate your help Joshua, As far as the machine heads are concerned they are the stock that came with the Cruise bass, I'm not quite sure if anything is wrong with them but I was just wondering if anyone would think that it would be worth upgrading to as you say a non slip. And if so does anyone know the ballpark figure on those..? :bassist: