1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's your worst shipping disaster story?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by J.Wolf, Dec 7, 2018.

1. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Here's mine:

When I moved from San Fran to Western NC in 2004, I thought the safest thing would be to ship my basses Fedex ground from CA>NC, since I was going to be staying here and there and couldn't guarantee safekeeping while in transit. I shipped two really nice basses in a double gig bag, in a large Incase box. Dropped it off in San Fan, it was scanned, and then just disappeared. for 40 days. I called every day, on hold for hours and hours. This is back when you paid for minutes on your cell phone. Finally, after weeks of calls and yelling at them, THE DAY they had to pay out the claim, according to their policies (they had to pay within 30 days of when the claim was filed, I believe), the box mysteriously reappeared in a warehouse in St Louis (mind you it hadn't been scanned since initial dropoff in SF). It then showed up a few days later and the neck on one of them was F'd badly from sitting in the cold weather for weeks presumably. So I got reimbursed for a new neck for my F bass. And spent that money on my $1200 cell phone bill I unknowingly racked up trying to get them to get off their butts. Luckily I was able to get the neck fixed/refretted locally. In closing, I STILL hate you fedex.