Whatta Week for GAS! (Tim C's doubleneck)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stingus, Jun 3, 2005.

1. [​IMG]

Check this out! In the new "Bass Guitar" magazine Tim C has a beautiful Doubleneck Jazz (BEAD/EADG) with Tele headstocks--it is PURE SEX!! Not too mention, he had an interesting idea regarding his BEAD set up (let's just say I'll be looking harder at the left handed Squier J bass my local store's been trying to get rid of!)

Also, my local store just got in my dream bass: a 1975 Precision w/maple A neck! Too bad it's $1500!! :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

I don't GAS for basses very often, but this has been one rough week!
  2. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Man that is soooo sweet!Timmy is a legend
  3. Sorry to be an idiot but is it this magazine? - http://www.bassguitarmagazine.com/

It's just it has Chris from Muse on the cover and in the 'current issue' section it says nothing about Tim...
  4. BlacktotheBlind

BlacktotheBlind Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    i read the article too. funny thing is i was thinking about building a custom bass from Warmoth with a lefty neck, before i even read the article. i really want to try it now.
  5. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Would I be able to get this magazine at my local Borders or something?

6. Sorry about the last post, it is another magazine called Bass Guitar.

Anyway I noticed Tim's lefty-necked bass about a week ago in a vid of the KROQ Weenie Roast they played at, didn't see the double neck played though...:(
  7. Is it in the newest Bass Player? What does it have on the cover?

I HAVE to go pick it up.
  8. ...I like Tims more. Sheehans good an all, but his sig basses are icky.
  9. The bottom neck is skinnier than the top, why is that?
    (Look at the third pic down)

Or are my eyes playin tricks on me?
  10. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
  11. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    Have you ever played one?
  12. damn, that looks good. I'm usually pretty turned off by doublenecks, but I like it.

On a related note, Tim C. seems to be getting a lot of press on these boards lately...

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

How much does it weigh?.
  14. wow! i like it!
    i don't care what you guys think...i really like tim...i'd love to meet him too!
  15. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Well, that thread with the pictures is from sometime in 2003... ;)
  16. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    I heard about this double neck. Am I right in that one neck is tuned EADG and the other BEAD? why not just get a 5 string and save your back? I love Tim C's playing but man a double neck just to get a low B? Seems like overkill but it does look cool though....
  17. masterhiggins

Apr 22, 2005
    Impressive. Damn impressive. On a side note, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the bass sound on the first 2 RATM albums. it's just so phat-sounding. Man, I wish I knew what he was using on those recordings.....hint hint...wink wink...;)...anyone?