Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whch amp: CArvin R600 or Ampeg B5R

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by David Vega, Sep 19, 2002.

1. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    I am in the process of buying an head. Any recomendations or cabinets combination for these two heads?

Any problems with these heads?

My influences are Rush, Talas, Mr bIg, Niacin, Stu Hamm, Steve Harris and any good bassist!!

I have a Yamaha Attitude II Bass and a Lakland 55-01.

Thanks for your opinions

2. jplb70

jplb70

Nov 1, 2001
    I play through a R1000 w/Edens D410T and a D215XL biamped. It's LOUD punchy crisp yet kinda warm. I love this setup. If you do decide on the Carvin and can swing the extra 80 bucks get the 1000 the extra headroom is always nice to have :)

3. jaybo

jaybo Guest

Sep 5, 2001
    Richmond, KY
    I've heard a lot of people say the r600 isn't very loud for being 600 watts. I'm not sure about this, the only one I've heard was with a solo bass and not with a band. The one I heard was teamed with an ampeg 4x10 and MIA active jazz bass. It sounded really good for the funk/wooten type stuff the guy was playing. I'm starting to look around for a head too and the r600 is on my list of heads to check out, let us know how the search goes.