Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wheeling and Dealing with Bass Central

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by xcental34x, Dec 28, 2003.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Simple question: does Bass Central do competetive pricing? I was quoted $1299 shipped by them for the GK 2001RB. Riks Music quoted $1099 shipped. Here is the little tricky part. I'm in TN, so I'd have to pay sales tax for Riks, but since Bass Central is out of state, in Florida, there is no sales tax, so I don't have to shell out an extra 100 bucks.

~Patrick

2. I don't think that you'll find ANY bass place willing to work with you more than Bass Central. I can personally vouch for them - All of the guys down there are first rate bassplayers and first rate businessmen.

That said, you should be prepared to understand that Bass Central is not in business to give away product. They are in business to make money for themselves. If there's any way possible to work a deal - they'll do it.

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I understand that they need to make money just as much as they want to win my business. I'm just shopping around for the best deal.

4. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

My experiences with Bass Central have always been great. First, they are curteous and knowledgeable. Second, they make sure the product is right for you. Third, they are very willing to compete on price and service. I have also had good experience with Riks.

Just remember that the when comparing deals, compare the total package: price, delivery, and service.

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Gard from basscentral is great. These guys know the product that they sell.

:)

6. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    They are the same products. I even asked Riks if it was a sale price because it was so good. They say that is their everyday price. The list prices on both sites are current and all.

~Patrick

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    BC is great. They gave me a killed deal on my SWR SM-500 a while back.

brad cook