1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

When a guy is all alone in the house.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stinsok, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    He assembles a bass! Parts is parts!

2. Nice! Thing of Beauty!

What is that neck?

3. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Actually, it's not. I took the badly finished body I had in the classifieds, stuck a Peavey Zodiac EX neck on it. I had some cheapo harnesses, etc. in my junk box. The neck pocket is badly done at the end but the neck does sit straight. It does sound pretty cool though.

4. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Nice one.
    Hey I'm alone at home today too. Did some work on this SX body, MightyMite neck, Grover tuners, Quarter pounders, Black badass, CTS pots, and Switchcraft jack.

Attached Files:

5. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    I have been building guitars and bass instruments going on 2 years now,I am currently building a bass,I have 3 bodies,I am not sure which one to use yet,I know it will use P-bass pickups and a Yamaha BB neck that must be over 25 years old.I like corresponding with like minded musicians.Heres one I assembled today but my wife painted the pickguard

6. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    The neck has some really cool figuring. I may remove the finish from the headstock and have it natural.

7. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    I cant find a pic of a bass but I have assembled a few over the years.I will give you a tip for a source of parts.I go to pawn shops( they are not buying believe me) and ask if they have any damaged or unsellable ones out back.They are anxious to get rid of these and the parts do pile up.I also have a friend who owns a music store and he sell broken cheeep or even gives them to me.I build them and the better ones I have been very successful bartering.and the lesser instruments( heck thewy play good anyway) I have been donating to underpriveledged kids in hopes of Rock going to the next generation.If you want to correspond I would love to meet like minded people

8. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    Oh I really think the P-bass came out real nice,forgive my sloppy typing I am distracted to-nite

9. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    :bassist:Oh I really think the P-bass came out real nice,forgive my sloppy typing I am distracted to-nite