Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

when and where can i get one of those new warwicks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by metalgod502, Feb 15, 2004.

1. metalgod502

metalgod502 Guest

Sep 22, 2003
    il. U.S.A.
    i just saw the streamer chrome tone on the warwick site. iv looked all over and i cant find one for sale. does anyone know when they come out or where i can find one? or how much they are going to go for.

2. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
  3. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    They are new so they will only appear in shops in March/April the earliest, IMO. As for the price, its already on the site:
    4 - $2699
    5 - $2899
    6 - $3099 retail

4. Markdezy

Markdezy

Jan 24, 2004
    Atlanta
    To me, that finish looks HORRIBLE. It just looks like they wrapped a perfectly normal streamer in tin foil. I could do that within 20 minutes.

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND

:D :D

6. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Pfft.. I bet I could do it in 15 :p

7. metalgod502

metalgod502 Guest

Sep 22, 2003
    il. U.S.A.
    yea i knew most people wouldnt like them. i think there ok the only reason i would like them is that iv been wanting a streamer. but it kind of looks too much like sam rivers's bass (i hate the guy). what i really like is that new corvette ltd with the flamed koa top.

8. mrbungle

mrbungle

Nov 13, 2000
    tampere, finland
    Yep. In most pictures it looks stupid, but have you seen a chrome finished bass under stage lights. Whoa!!

9. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Even if its covered in foil, its still a warwick.

10. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I had a Fortress Master Man that was great!!! Excellent bass... Now the Thumb I used to have... Well, that's another story..

11. T. Brookins

T. Brookins Supporting Member

Before Sam had a chrome Streamer, Stuart Zender did. Do you want one, now? I do too.

12. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Chris Chaney and Dave Navarro of Jane's Addiction used chrome plated guitars in the Just Because Video... I love chromed instruments, just not these :p

13. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    These "chrome tone" basses do not have the same kind of finish that Stuart Zender has on his Warwick Streamer. His bass was finished by Sims and has a prefectly smooth finish. These new basses look as though they have had silver leaf applied to the bodies.

14. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    yep... it'll flake off. but... how cool would that finish look on a car :eek: :D

15. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    There are two versions: the "smooth" one and the "rifle finish". But I would choose a SSII over them anytime :p

16. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Found a nice picture on the Sims Custom website of their chrome finish applied to a pair of Warwick basses. It looks much better to me.

17. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    In fact, this is even better... :eek:

18. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    someone call TM Stevens!

disco is cool, but those are not!

all they need are some Dubs! :meh: