Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

when are those new GK 400RB heads due to come out?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steve_man, Apr 14, 2003.

1. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    are they out yet?!
    are they out yet?!!!

I've been waiting so long. I now have enough to buy two amps. No I'm not buying two amps and I don't want to spend the extra bit of cash on a more expensive amp.

could I be the conquerer of GAS.
    :meh:

that can be in another thread.

anyways... the new GK's with the hotter sounding preamps and the bigger power section is something I've been antisipating for some time now. It's been months and I've yet to have bought a new amp.

information please!

2. wushuguy

wushuguy

Jan 9, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I believe it was mentioned that it wouldn't be 'till June or July.

3. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    WHAT!:eek:

:bawl:

I really don't need to wait until June or July.

I thought I heard late march early april?

they were there at NAMM.

what's up with that.

Trip, you out there?or anyone else for that matter! info please if you have any.

:(

4. Dude, Trip has parted company with GK. There was a Megathread on it. Someone named Daniel Elliott has taken over his former post. ask him.

5. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    I know I was in on the thread

Trip however was selling gear including the new sbx cabs at namm

but info from Daniel Elliott wouldn't hurt!

6. Hi guys,
    We're just waiting for safety approval now. Probably at the end of May, we'll be shipping them out.

7. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    When will those SBX cabs be out? Could you tell me what models they'll be available in (2x10, 1x15 etc.), what they'll look like (color and design). Maybe the estimated price (not list but the price retailers will be selling them for)?

8. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    "Safety Approval". Is it just me or does that sound dangerous :)

9. The SBX cabs are basically the RBS cabs with a tweeter added. 210, 410, 115. The woofer has been replaced with what I think is a more musical sounding speaker as well. They should be shipping in about a month or so.

We're thinking about doing a 4x8 and a 112 in a more compact box. Any thoughts?

10. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    I like the idea of a 112! I've been really impressed by what companies have been doing with them. I really liked the 400RB 112 combo. However I'm more of a 210 410 person myself

as for a 4 X 8 - get somebody elses opinion.

End of May :(
    - that's another month. This will be the time determining whether I'm a true GK fan or not. I'm trying out a eden CXC 210 this week.

If I do wait it had better be worth it! if I don't it means that I like the eden.

11. dufus1478

dufus1478

Mar 26, 2003
    Is the guitar amp ready yet ?

12. Mattski

Mattski

Jan 6, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    I would love a 112 to go with my 700rb/112 combo.

When when when when?

Matt

13. I dig 4x8's !!! I've played ampeg's and I own swr's 4x8. The Swr's better but I'm probably saying this because I own it :)

14. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    NAMM= not available maybe may!:D

15. If you're talking about the 250ML, I don't have a release date on that yet. Probably early next year.

16. They're just ideas that may or may not happen at this point. But I'm glad to hear you like the idea.

17. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    A GK 4x8 would kick ass. I'd like to a see a 6x10 too.

18. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    Does anyone have pic's of the front and/or back of the GK 400RBIV?