1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

When Can I Post Attachements??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by thebreakman, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Don't know where to post this so I'm just going to post it here to see if I can get an answer. When will I be able to post picture (attachements). It still says I may not post attachements. I want to join the Fender Precision Club but I cant post my pictures of my bass. Does anybody know if I have to wait a certain amount of time before I am given the privlidge.

2. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    [DEL]I believe Supporting Membership ($20) at least is required to be able to store stuff on the forum servers. It also gives you access to the Classifieds and various other benefits.

Otherwise, [/DEL]you can store the image on some other server or service and post a link using the "[​IMG]

3. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I didnt know you had to be a supporting member to post attachments.

4. ArtechnikA

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    I could be wrong.
    It makes sense (paying rent for your bits).
    I didn't want to go searching through all the member level benefits - this isn't my quest.

I'm pretty sure I paid my dues the day I signed up so I can't recall a time the "May Not" stuff was there...

5. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    That's weird. You should be able to. Shoot John Turner a message.

6. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    You don't...I've posted many an attachment.

7. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I think being a supporting member allows you a lot more storage space. I recall posting attachments before I became a supporting member, and during the few weeks before renewing my membership.

8. ArtechnikA

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    True.
    Membership terms for supporting say only this:
    I have edited my original response.

So now the answer to OP's question is: "No one knows..."

9. Why would you want to? Most people find it easier to host externally.

10. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Yes, but then every time you click on a pic, your home screen then opens a new browser. Very annoying :)

As for the OP, no you don't need to be a supporting member to upload images, but being one gives you more storage space.

When you hit your 10 MB quota, you have to go into your archives and delete earlier photos to free up new space.

This is why some older threads have have posts that were clearly once also partnered with an image that has been replaced by a big red question mark.

A gold membership gives you 50 MB of storage, but even that will fill up eventually if you like to post a lot of pics.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Maybe you're not logged in when you go to attach an image? Maybe you need to have a certain amount of posts first? Since you have seven posts right now, that may be it.

-Mike

12. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Its best to go through life without attachments.

13. ErebusBass

ErebusBass

Feb 20, 2008
    Madison, WI

14. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    We are but avatars. Well... except for you.

15. AGH

AGH

Jun 18, 2013
    Long Island NY
    All of the stuff I got for free wore out!
    Sometimes just signing out and back into Talkbass can debug your attachment problems.

16. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

This is a "how to" guide that I wrote for another forum I'm a member of. It also uses vBulletin forum software so it will be very similar.

Posting Pictures (PDF file)

You can use Photobucket or a host of any free picture hosting services then link to them inside your posts.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

17. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    :eyebrow:

18. I like using Google Picasa to host my images. Tons of storage space, and you choose the security for each image. I don't know how secure it actually is, but you shouldn't be uploading pictures that shouldn't be uploaded anyways. I currently have a max storage of 15360 MB

https://picasaweb.google.com/

You can also resize your photos on the fly in a forum by changing a number in the link. s0 = original size, s1200 = 1200px wide Example:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-QhJRHNI-l2g/TbHfR-ivU6I/AAAAAAAAI-8/gSecXIJ0hFM/s####/IMAG0033.jpg

19. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    This has never happened to me either, luckily someone told me about it before I got banned.

20. Jeff Elkins

Jeff Elkins Supporting Member

Supporting membership is required before you can put up an avatar, I think. Maybe that's what the OP is attempting...