1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

When did Fender discontinue the Road Worn 50s Precision series?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Thom Fioriglio, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Hi all, I just bought a 2016 Fender Road Worn 50s Precision Bass. After a week with it, I really like it. However, still checking them out on Reverb. There are two listed from 2019. The serial numbers check out. I thought Fender stopped producing these in 2016. Anyone have any info on when production stopped and if it was 2016, why the 2019 ones exist? Thanks.

Thom

2. AFAIR they were still available in 2019.
    MX19...
    3FCD45D9-6732-42A9-BEDC-84D37A263A1B.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  3. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Yep, 2019s are out there...

4. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    once Vintera appear.....

Thom Fioriglio likes this.
  5. Thanks. So then the Vintera came out with the Player Series. So Standard and Classic 50s series stopped and Player and Vintera series begins.

6. I sent an inquiry to Fender regarding this. Here is the reply I got.

Thanks for reaching out. These were introduced in 2009 and they were discontinued in 2019. I ran that serial number and it's legit. I hope this helps. Have a nice day!

Regards,

Kelsey Frix
    Fender Musical Instruments
    Gear Advisor | U.S. Direct Sales Representative

So, used Road Worns on Reverb from 2019 are correct. Reverb lists them as being discontinued in 2016. So that was causing my confusion.

Ricky Rioli likes this.
  7. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    There are always appear wrong detail, wrong information and wrong bass as described on Reverb.

Thom Fioriglio likes this.
  8. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Does anyone know if the guitar series was also discontinued as well? There were strats and teles.

9. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021