1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

When did you start balding?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by lamborghini98, Apr 6, 2006.

1. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I started balding at around 15, and Im 18 and quite visibly losing hair. Am I alone? I remember that there was a guy from my HS who has balding as a senior when I was a sophomore.
    Im going to think about shaving my head just so I dont look like Im balding.... Im not in denial :D

2. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    14. Shaved it at 18.

3. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I don't belong in here, but I started gettin white (not grey!) hairs in 8th grade.

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    A friend of mine has been pretty thin up top for a while. He's 24 now. I happen to have pretty thick hair, and I'm growing it out. I hope to stave off the balding for a while.

5. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Come on, Mr Cook. You know you want to post.

6. oh god...this just sounds like horror stories to me

7. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    22. I'm 23 now, been monitoring my hairline for a year, and it's not fun. Especially when people note "oh, I see you are growing bald from the top of your sculp!".

I have to admit, though, it's not that big of an issue. I like my hair, but the years are going to show anyways, so who cares?

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Dude, I was BORN bald.

bc

9. My hair is pretty thick, but my hairline has been receding since i was about 12! fortunatly most of my hair is usually shaved pretty short at least, altho, recently ive noticed alot of hairloss/thinning, i think thats more from stress atm tho

10. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    Dude, that blows. You're gonna hate me...I'm 45, and haven't lost any hair. None.

:smug:

11. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Must be a thick head of hair to have never lost a single one.

12. Around 20. I couldn't care less. When it gets past a certain point (probably about 5 years from now) I'm going to start giving it a wicked comb-over because no one will be able to tell. Totally.

Mike

13. I started around 17, now I'm 35 and bald...I look like someone's dad.

Oh yeah...I am someone's dad!

14. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    AL
    Around 17. 21 now and it's slowed down.

15. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    Cute...yes, of course I lose individual hairs...but I haven't lost any hair (as in hair, amount overall). None. In fact, I've got hair in places now I didn't used to. Yuck.

16. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Super thick hair, I'm never going to go bald.

My friend was a hardcore swimmer, and all the chlorine from swimming a lot daily gave him grey hair. Like, really grey hair. In 9th grade. Plus, he once told us that if we stole his sunny D he'd get scurvy and all his teeth would fall out. The grey hair was also starting to fall out at this point.

We've been making pirate jokes ever since.

17. 8guy

8guy

Jun 19, 2005
    Madison WI
    Im in the same boat as Basshole, Im 43 going on 44 and have shoulder length hair, and no bald spot at all.
    (and none if is grey....God will get me for posting this wont he)

18. With all due respect to everyone here, I've never understood why people are scared of going bald (at any age) or horrified when it does happen. It's hair. It goes away. Just like your sight will eventually, your hearing (maybe sooner for this crowd) and a whole litany of other things with time. Maybe it's just me.

Mike

19. And there you have it!

20. lefty

lefty

Sep 25, 2004
    i have`nt, and i`m 42