Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

When do you plan to get the 'xmas decorations up?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Nov 18, 2002.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Yo, when do the decorations go up in your home then?

Here, its usually about the first week of december.

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Hmmmm.... another Pagan ritual! ;)

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    At my place, never.
    At my parents' place, 1 or 2 days before xmas eve, just a tree in the living room, some candles and the crib etc.
    It's all old-fashioned stuff, no electric lights, except for the candles @ the tree, and indoors only. No garden or window stuff.

4. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Uh-uh. No X-mas decorations. I don't like 'em. My dear mother gives me various Santa Claus figures and candle holders every other year in the hope I will give in, the cupboards are filling up... :)

5. cabooke

cabooke

Jan 26, 2002
    Orange County, CA
    My decorations usually go up the first week in December. When I'm done, the house usually looks like the one in Christmas Vacation.:D

6. Me and dad usually set up the single line of lights on the 23rd. We're not real big fans of the whole christmas decoration thing.

7. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    i don't really plan on putting any Christmas stuff up... My wife, OTOH, has plans that they start going up right about thanksgiving....

P@

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Wow, some holiday spirit you guys have, huh? My girlfriend and I already have our stockings and some candy canes hung up, and we'll have the lights and mistletoe up before Thanksgiving most likely. I love Christmas decorations-reminds me of all the GI Joes I got in my youth. We'll have the tree by the 10th or so :)

9. Hilikus

Hilikus

Jul 29, 2002
    Wales UK
    12 days before and 12 days after(unless my father gets them up early like always)much to the annyonce of my mother:D :)

10. I went to the mall about a week and a half ago, and was disturbed to see they've already decorated for Christmas.

11. My boy friend wants to do it tonight!::eek: :D :)

Fetch!

12. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Up? They never came down!:D :D :D

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    HEY! HEY... let's keep this conversation on Christmas decorations, ok? :p

brad cook

14. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO

LOL! :D

that was good.... too funny!

P@

15. Well we're older now and mum got rid of the big christmas tree.. so now we have one of them fake tiny ones with the red ribbons and lights. ;) And it goes up when mum says "oh crap yeah people are coming for christmas!" So usually about 3 weeks before christmas eve.

:D:D

Merls

16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I plug in a Menorah!

17. Hey P.Aaron, I didn't know you were Jewish..I bet you have to work your toches off to plug in that menorah, eh? :)

"When he's doing a bar mitzvah

Now that you shouldn't miss

You should always stop on down for a wedding or a briss

You know he's got a lot of chutzpah

He's really quite 'chip' (Hebrew -ch sound)

The parents pay the moyel, and he GETS TO KEEP
    THE TIP!!!!!!!!!!!!" :D

"Guess who got bar mitzvah'd, on the PGA tour, no I'm not talking about Tiger Woods I'm talkiong about MR. HAPPY GILMOUR!!!!!!!"

18. Chanukiah....Menorah has 7 stems, Chanukiah has 9....

We actually perform the ceremony with the lighting of candles and all....very beautiful.

19. we usually do it after thanksgiving. sigh. we have to because of the kids. what a pain in the butt it is. decorating that is. :D

20. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Bah humbug...I hate Christmas...ok, the preperation on of Christmas...When Christmas morning comes, and I watch the Bibs open her gifts...then I thank God that I was able to scrounge another year to provide...I am w/Morningdove...Sometime after Thanksgiving.