1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

when i am not playing bass, i eat tacos

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RCCollins, Oct 23, 2010.

1. and i like to talk (or at least type) about it. I've been blogging about San Diego taco shops for a couple weeks now... check it out if this type of thing is interesting to you.

http://www.Taco-the-Town.com

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  3. interesting that they use a corn masa/bread crumb mix. seems appropriately southern, though.

4. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    I love me some San Diego Fish Tacos. Try to make my own at home since the Philadelphia area is weak in the taco department.

I think my brother from Marietta was talking about how great that place is. Next time I'm down I'll have to check it out.

5. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Methinks the title is too clever. It must've been the impetus behind the blog.

I'm by nature a burrito eater, tacos are insufficient in their containment qualities. Any chance you'll be catering to our needs in future entries?

My current go to is Rudy's down the road from our apartment here in Solana Beach. The salsa is sweet and tangy, the carne asade is a whole different beast from most, and it's across from a New York style pizzaria if one feels like combining ingredients for a fusion oriented meal.:meh:

6. my appetite is the sole impetus behind the blog. burrito talk is coming, naturally - i'm not that much of a flour tortilla guy, but the blog just started so I'll get to burritos before long. A tirade against the gluey rice bags they sell for 8 bucks a pop up Frisco way is inevitable...

Rudy's is on my radar, but I very seldom make it up to South OC (cough) I mean North SD county

7. Unrepresented

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I was raised on 8 dollar gluey Frisco rice bags, buddy!:mad:

And, I'll have you know that Rudy's (and my genteel living quarters) are mere blocks away from the San Diego County Fair. That's right, not any other county. If anyone's not keeping it real, it's a guy who lives further from the gathering place for deep fried Snickers bars.

8. well hopefully as i get snarkier in my posts, readers will be as agitated as you

9. Unrepresented

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    You've got it in you, but for the sake of San Diego taco shop blog readers, wield it carefully.;)

10. i've been trying to accentuate the positive. unlike my "persona" here on tb :smug:

11. Fish tacos: BITCHEN; gimme 5. Tacos Jalisco in Vacaville is pretty sweet.
    I also like to whip up a nice breakfast taco- flour tort, scrambled eggs & refried beans, cheese, onion, cilantro rice, salsa & a Coke. My favorite hangover cure.

12. Buchada Azeda

Buchada Azeda

Mar 25, 2009
    Brazil
    Never had a taco in my entire life, we don't have those here. Are they (and burritos) as good as they say?

13. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Yes, they are as good as they say. You are missing out on life!

Cool blog. Really wish there was something like this for the plethora of taquerias in chicago.

14. Buchada Azeda

Buchada Azeda

Mar 25, 2009
    Brazil
    Nice. Found a chili recipe on the interwebz, gonna make some and wrap it with tortillas.

15. Thanks! Chicago is probably the only US city that San Diegans can envy for Mexican food.

16. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    mmmm.... tacos..... aarrrrgghghhhghghghgh

drooling-homer-simpson.

17. wifey just made SWEET chicken taco w/cabbage, cilantro rice & avocado on green chile torts. I told her she could take the rest of afternoon off.

18. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    and you didnt invite any of us over to chow?!?!?!?

19. Juanitas in Encinitas rocks.