When I get the money...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    All that I need is one of these to go on top of these. I already have those exact cabs, so all I need is that amp. And, believe it or not, I am not that far from being able to afford it. So, (hopefully) very soon, my rig will look something like this:

3. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    This should be arriving in about a week (damned special order wait times):

...and after a few eBay auctions to free up some room on the credit card, one of these:

...housed in the 5-space version of this:

...and hopefully by Fall, these to finish it off:

Nice, fairly light and compact, and all the effects I use in one package. :D
  4. 1 Sansamp RBI
    1 QSC PLX1602
    1 SKB 4-Space Roto Rack
    2 Avatar B212's

MMMMMM... Can't wait!

Sorry to ask this but how do you post pictures directly on the page cause you can only attach 2 files.
  5. all i need is a crest audio Pro 7200 to complete my regular rig, which employs a warwick quadruplet preamp and a bergantino HT-112 cabinet.

my "stadium rig" would likely replace the HT-112 with four NV-215s and a crown iTECH 4000. maybe i could be convinced to add some NV-610s, but i doubt it.

6. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Yeah, I think I'd have to go with that, too. Except maybe throw an M-2000 on top, rather than an Eden. Then maybe an NV610 and 215 to go with my Strat 500, but I'd put an Ashdown RPM-1 in front of it.

Scarred - please give a review of that Mini Mo' after you've spent a little time with it. I used to be interested in the Mo' Bass, so I'd like to see your impression of the pre.
  7. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Hey SMASH, I'd love to try out one of the HD500 amps, but I don't know how or where to get my hands on one. From what I understand, they are discontinued, just as are the cabinets, am I correct? I've played an Eden through the cabs and it sounded great (WT300 -> same preamp, just less power than the 550). I can get the Eden for a little over $900. How much are the HD500s running for?

If I followed the advice given in the HD210/HD212 care and maintainence papers, I'd also have a Stingray and a Sterling too go with the HD stack :D
  8. Chaputa

Chaputa Bass-Not just fo eatin anymore

I have to say that you can't go wrong with that GK stuff. I have a 400RB that's still runing strong (it's old...I don't know how old, but its old), and I just picked up one of the 410SBX cabs. Wow. I took my gear over to Sam Ash and compared a few 4x10's (SWR Goliath III, GK 410 RBH, GK 410 SBX, and a used Bag End 410). The SWR was nice until pushed, and just farted...very surprised about that. The Bag End sounded nice (but I'm a little averse to used speakers). But the two GK's got to me. They just sounded great. I will say though, that I honestly felt that the SBX sounded better than the RBH. Probably because its sealed. As far as power to these, I used both channels of my power amp 340@8/side to AB them. I also tried the RBH bridged from my amp (1090@8). Even with that, I preferred the SBX.

...of course, I'm mating that to my Acme B-2, so I really don't need the extra low end of the RBH... but man, does this setup sing!
  9. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I no longer have power amp GAS (Stewart World 2.1). I no longer have speaker GAS. And I have some nice preamps...

...in addition to my current stable of preamps I would love to add a Kern 777, a Demeter 201, and one of the nice Aguilar tube models.

I'd also love to own a vintage SVT head if a roadie came with it (I'm a wuss).
  10. Welp....I've got some of the pieces together...and will be aquiring others shortly.....

I'll have a Fender American Jazz soon....Maple Board Black finish(to start....then it's mod city..) with some Dimarzio Model 1's and 3 series/parallel switches(Bridge, Neck, Bridge/neck together) a new pickguard and then all black hardware...Then a mirror red pickguard....

being yummied up by a Sansamp BDDI which is going into

RdDogs Yamaha PB1 which I'll have the money sent off for ASAP....and that

...will probably juice up a Carvin DCM1500

Which will run my Avatar 4x10(already own) and a sub of some kind or maybe I'll sell it and buy some Low Down Sound 8s...Maybe a 3x8(Long throw, no tweeter) and a 3x8(regular w/ tweeter and Mid).. and I'll have a biamped 6x8....compact yumminess...

Then I'll house the amps in a rack probably a 6 space with a racklight and a tuner....

and maybe some FX on the floor..I dunno, but that's the point of this thread right???
  11. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    In addition to my current gear (see profile), I'd like to eventually add:

1) Lakland JO5 3-Tone Sunburst:
    (Image taken from Bass Exchange)

2) Aguilar GS210:
    (Image taken from Aguilar's site)

3) Korg DTR-1000 Tuner:
    (Image taken from Korg's site)

...And possibly one of Furman's power regulators (AR-1215 or AR-117), but it's not a very high priority. Other than that, I think I'm all set. :smug:
  12. I've got a couple power amp questions.

1. Are the binding post outputs 1/4 outputs for speakers? If not, what are they?

2. If you have 2 cabs, do you have to use 1 channel for each cab? Beacause there are only 1 speaker outputs each channer (being the speakon outputs if the binding post outputs aren't speaker out puts)

3. There are only 1 speakon outputs for each channel, right?
  13. tomthedude

Jun 8, 2004
    hi, i was wondering if anyone could advise me on which amp to buy, for a slightly better than practise performance, like 15-30 watt. I fancy a Vox bass amp, but I've never tried one? What do you think? :bassist:
  14. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Certainly. Everything I've read/everyone I've spoken to agrees it takes a bit more time to "dial in" due to issues of unity gain and the very nature of how the effects interact with each other (i.e. adding the Mo' EQ to either the Overdrive or BassSynth changes the combined sound in a big way), but that once you're there? It's killer. :D

I was also interested in the Mo' Bass, enough that it made "the short list", flaws and all. I'm glad SWR took the chance to refine it instead of dropping the idea altogether, because the basic concept is a wonderful one.
  15. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Gallien Krueger 800rb with an Avatar B212.
  16. What the hell...

So far this is working nicely-

I would however like to add another Low B-4 and a QSC PLX 3402. I'm looking into the SWR IOD as well for my new emo/indie rock band. A little bit-o-grind would be tasty!
  17. Bump

Can anyone answer my questions on the previous page?
  18. Chaputa

Chaputa Bass-Not just fo eatin anymore

Binding posts are for direct wiring or using banana plugs(on 5 way binders). They are not 1/4" outputs or inputs.

You can run 2 cabs off one channel or two. With speakon, you can attach the speakon to one cab, then daisy chain the 1/4 out from the first cab to the second (If the cab is wired that way), therefore running off one channel. Or you can wire them up separately. You have to be mindful of ohm loads though...

I've only seen power amps put one speakon per side, but that's not to say that there can't be two speakons on one channel of an amp.