Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

When I own a mountain..

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by davetsbass, Apr 16, 2001.

1. davetsbass

davetsbass Guest

Mar 24, 2001
    burnt hills NY
    Yea when I'm all big and famous (ya know it'll happen don't deny..haha) I'm gonna just quit my band with all the millions that I have and open a club in the mountains. Then I'm gonna hollow out the mountain and put a big dance floor for all the disco chicks out there. Yea that's what I'm gonna do. Ha ok enough from me though, when is everyone else's dream for when they are old and gray.

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I would love to be able to make enough money to retire early, and teach at a university in Florence. I would love to teach philosophy and music, and play in a jazz band on weekends at a local Florence restaurant. I could go to Venice on weekends, and the rest of Europe on extended weekends. I'd love to make one 3 week trip a year to any country, and totally different every year, from Nepal to Bolize, to Egypt, to Israel, etc. etc. etc.

3. well my band will have a great career in the underground punk scene
    and i will spend all my money on a giant strip of land in montana where i will construct swimming pools in the shapes of all the presidents of the united states

4. eswartz

eswartz

Feb 12, 2001
    When you work at a start-up, every day you pretty much think of what you will do if/when you make it big. Here is what I have come up with...

First I would get my helicopter pilots liscence so that I can go around dropping water balloons on the schmoes still driving to work. Then, I would move to a small island with very few tourists. Maybe I would run a helicopter tour for those few tourists. During the summers, my helicopter, myself and my wife would go to Montana where I would work in the shop building basses when I am not hiking or biking. Sometimes, I might even volunteer my helicopter for rescue missions. All this, of course, when I am not travelling to far off exotic lands. I'd also like to go back to school and get my PhD, but that is another scenario all together.

Or maybe I would hire the russians to shoot me into space....I would take my bass so that it would truely be the first Space Bass.

e

5. ASR

ASR

Apr 2, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Sell off everything I own, buy a 65 foot Hatteras, cruise it to the Bahamas, throw the anchor, build a bar on the beach out of bamboo, and live out my days drinking rum and eating coconuts and fish. A few babes would be nice too. I'd never buy another pair of shoes, all my shirts would be those ugly Hawaiian style shirts, and khaki shorts. Unless that scared off the babes, then I would dress differently...

Hey, you said "dream"...

6. Cornbread

Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    I don't want to be rich or "make it big". I must be weird.

7. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    I want to divide my time between NYC, Rome, London and various rural & wilderness areas throughout the world. I want to buy an old farmhouse and turn it into a recording studio (don't ask me why). I also want to write a book, but I don't know what I would write about. And maybe I would teach at the university/college level.
    -Dan

8. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Lay out at my east coast beach house smoking pot all day/

9. I'd build a big money bin like scrooge mcduck has and swim around in it all day. i could also hire somebody to practice bass for me. ;)

10. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    When I'm rich and famous, I'll spend all day on the Internet, and sign up for a bass discussion board under a false name, inventing details and a persona, gradually winning everybody's trust, until the day comes when I can finally reveal the shocking secret of who I really am...

Sorry, I was rambling a little there. I'll also buy Blackburn Rovers FC, and force the manager to play me every week. And maybe, just maybe, sign up to be a Supporting Member...

11. First Id buy a high school type building and live in it. Its gotta be in Canada or somethin tho. Then Ill find and buy a large field. And Fence it. And have demolition derbies and charge people $20 to get in. And I will be even richer. And there will be beautiful women who will love me. Then.....

I will wake up. :D

12. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Id hit the NHRA tour and go Top Fuel or Pro Stock racing.

13. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    OK I decided this is a boring fantasy so let me add that I will own a gold-plated Mercedes-Benz and a rocket ship and a time machine. I will also occasionally seek advice from a talking panda bear I will name Eisenhower.

14. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    im gunna buy a monkey and name him Spanky Magee. put some red monkey shorts on him and one of them hats with propellers on them. i havent really made any other SOLID plans.

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

If I ever win the lottery or strike it rich, I will quit my IT job and open Dallas' first bass only superstore.

Woohoo! Anything I get GAS for, order it into the store and stock it! Yeehaw!!!

16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Me? start my own bass company, hire some really talent Bass makers, and make a name for myself in the bass world...not to mention buy a really nice mansion, with a built in Dairy Queen, Jack in the Box and Pizza Hut (ice cream, Burgers and Pizza...any time I want!), and then open a huge recording studio so I can produce a bunch of bands...maybe get my own show on the Radio...

17. Lotsa sexy women and a record company which could match it with the big 7 and numerous other things like sexy women, cars, sexy women, castles, sexy women, bass factory and wait you guessed it sexy women!:D

18. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    3 words, man... personal jet pack! :D

19. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    When I own a Mountain...you can call me Felix Pappalardi.

;)

20. Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë

Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë Guest

Feb 14, 2001
    Canada
    I would spend the rest of my life in the bahamas drinking Lemonade and judging wet t-shirt contests.