when ignorance rules...there's a need for help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lucfor, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Hi,
    even if I have been playing bass for quite a while, I feel very ignorant about heads and cabs,as I have always owned combos. And not beeing of English language isn't of help either. My doubts are especially about the connections between heads and cabs and the resulting power(not about impedence). For istance, if I have an amp working at 350W per side at 4 ohm and at 240W at 8 ohm, if I connect it to only one cab, do I get the double wattage? Is that what they call bridged? And how is it the stereo connection? :rolleyes:
    Can you please help me to shed some light on the ways to connect heads and cabs?

2. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    what kind of amp are you using, and what cab?

i know with my poweramp, if i want to run the amp bridged i have to push the "bridge" button on the back and plug my cabinet into the special "bridge output"
  3. Hi,thanks for the answer.
    I actually haven't got a head and a cab yet. I own a combo at the moment, but I am interested in buying separate stuff. That's why first I want to understand how they work, so that I don't end up buying something that is different from what I expect.