1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

When is the 20% off Sale for MF and GC?

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by jmattbassplaya, Nov 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    is the brand of item you tried to buy on the exclusion list? if so, getting 15% off using chat is better than no % off.

dxb likes this.
  2. tlite

tlite Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Florida
    So, BF was a big meh. Playing a bit to my audience here, but it's the truth that I've found the best deals, quality gear, and service right here on the TB classifieds.

Basically, we are awesome. :bassist:

R&B likes this.
  3. mizzou541

mizzou541

Jan 8, 2010
    KC, MO
    Every year I get excited but it's never worth it. Even if I can get 20% off at MF, Sweetwater will likely give me 10-15% off if I call in and I won't have to pay sales tax there. So pretty much a break even + I get to deal with Sweetwater instead of MF.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    Mechanical likes this.
  4. mrb327

mrb327

Mar 6, 2013
    Colorado
    Nobody Knows
    Tried using the 15% on a few things I really wanted today and got the evil orange banner of death.

Was able to use it for something I wanted, but not 20%

5. The Regulator

The Regulator

Aug 10, 2005
    I've had success in the past with them giving me the discount on an excluded item. I called them and told them that the coupon wasn't working online for the item I was interested in purchasing (a Fender Neo 610 cab which was on sale at the time for $1,100). They asked me for my info and I guess they looked at my purchasing history and then applied the discount on their end. That was about 2 years ago with a 20% coupon. I don't think I've seen one since.

pcake likes this.
  6. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    I got an email for 17% off with no minimum today...

R&B and jmattbassplaya like this.
  7. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    What's the code?

8. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    The codes in today's 17% email are very specific, like passwords. Pretty sure they're intended for one person only, the one they're mailed to.

I'd suggest getting on their mailing list. Pretty sure they'd send you one immediately. Especially if you put something in your cart, leave it there, and forget about it :). And sign up for the backstage pass program if you haven't already. It's an additional 8% store credit after you purchase something.

Fred312b and jmattbassplaya like this.
  9. jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    I am on both. I've bought quite a bit in the past so maybe I'll get it later or maybe I deleted it by mistake.

10. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    The email doesn’t come from musicians friend. Comes from an employee (sales person I guess). Ya probably did chuck it. I get them a lot from Guitar Center and usually think it’s them.

11. jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    Found it :)

Fred312b and Joe Nerve like this.
  12. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Unfortunately, that leaves paypal out of the equation.

13. tlite

tlite Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Florida
    HOLIDAY17

But again, plenty of restricted items.

14. Nice, works on Rickenbackers-To bad the one I want is out of stock tell June

15. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    I'm not sure what that means. In the past they would give me a code to use on the online order.

16. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

I've been told multiple times by them that I'd have to place the order directly with them over the phone with my bank issued card/credit card to receive the discount and that they couldn't give me a new code to apply to my order if I wanted to do it completely online. Maybe they were just being lazy or didn't know they could just give me a code.

17. Jim C

Jim C Spector#496:More curves than Sophia + better sound Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Could be that they don't want to pay the CC fee.
    Not sure about huge vendors but is often times another 2 1/2% for retailers to pay for CC usage

18. sears

sears Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2005
    ec, md
    Also, there are sites that offer a small % rebate if you click through them. MF wants to cut those guys out if they're giving you a sweet deal.

petrus61 likes this.
  19. Tewest86

Tewest86 Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    I know it says restricted but this code works on the new Fender Elite Jazz Vs. I didn't try any other bass.

jmattbassplaya likes this.
  20. R&B

R&B Both kinds of music: Rhythm AND Blues! Supporting Member

FYI:
    MF, GC, Music123 and WWBW are the same company. Sales tax, returns, shipping and discount policies may vary.

Thanks for all the info, guys. I did buy a SDOTD recently but in the interest of peace at home, I restricted my Black Friday purchasing to a cajon.

And I agree that the TB Classifieds rock. :thumbsup:

jmattbassplaya likes this.