1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

When is the actual release date for the Skyline Decade?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Surprise Panda!, Aug 30, 2008.

1. I saw on MF it said 9-30-08, but that might just be when they get their shipment.

thanks,

-Roy

2. bump

3. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Hey there - check out the LOG website (I believe you are a "supporting member") in the next few days for an announcement regarding the Skyline Decade!!!

IN short - "any day now" BUT - there is more....

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Probably a couple months after the actual release date.

5. I'm not a supporting member, but probably will be soon

6. basspraiser

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    THEN you will know the "true answer"....(just kiding!).....we are placing an announcement about the Decades on the LOG web site in teh next few days (as soon as our stellar web guy can get it up!)

Doug

7. You know I want to join, but I need to save my money! I'll definatly join soon, though

8. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    As of last Wednesday, John P of Lakland told us that the end of September is possible but can't be guaranteed - I believe they're still waiting on the bodies to arrive from their overseas factory.
    Those of us who designed/preordered this as the Dudepit Limited Edition III are supposed to be first in line, so when I hear any updates I'll be sure to let TB know.

9. pmaraziti

pmaraziti Gold Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2006
    Singapore
    I made a deposit some time back and it was scheduled for October.... I hope it'll be confirmed!

10. still waiting :bawl:

11. kazuhank

kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    I'm waiting for a word and waiting for the one I placed a deposit on slated for December delivery. Perhaps those will be pushed back? sigh. :bawl:

12. You know what

A change of heart, the Skyline Hollowbody is where I'm at right now. But, you never know.

But the hollowbody, the sound the looks!!! I love the bridge pickup (Bartolini I think), I wonder what it sounds like with Chi-Sonics!!! I need to go try one out!!

13. WalWarrior

WalWarrior Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    Hey fellas -

"The W a i t i n g is the hardest part"

I wonder if Tom Petty has to wait for his instruments? Rickenbacker has a huge waiting list for the C64FS's. And WAL? Fuhgettaboutit. What's it been now, 2 years since we put depsoits down on the DPLE III Decade? It looks like an awesome instrument. Hope they arrive soon! Take care all -

Dennis Maron
    Silver Spring, MD

14. a_ribbon

a_ribbon

Apr 10, 2008
    does anyone know if these can still be ordered with the darkstars?

15. I've played the Lakland Hollowbody for 2-4 set gigs 3 years ago. As far as sound, it's right there in your face, very punchy and articulate for a hollowbody. As far as slap bass goes, I really didn't care for it. It doesn't have any bite when you slap, but def pops loud. I also recall it being a top notch beauty as far as looks and quality go.

16. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    I believe USA versions can be.

still waiting here for mine. No word yet.

17. basspraiser

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Laklands no longer come with DSs as an "option" ...the Chi is replacing them...however, I bet if you ask "nicely" you can get one (especially in a US model!)

as for delivery date, BASS Club Chicago shows a November Delivery so I suspsect soon.....there were none in teh shop when I was there yesterday so I assume they are all out in shipment - but more shipments are coming in (due to their popularity!)

the Skyline Decade and the Natural DJ with black blocks seem to be VERY popular (i.e. Lakland cannot keep them in stock!)

18. pmaraziti

pmaraziti Gold Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2006
    Singapore
    I had a word from Brian at Lakland and he said that the first shipment are foreseen for the 2nd half of November.... from the above do you mean that the skyline decade might be in store already? if so, anybody played one?

19. kazuhank

kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Have any of these things hit the street yet?

It would help if Lakland would simply add the Chi-Sonic mp3s to their site (which have been "coming soon" for months), but until then I'm still very curious.

20. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    They should be going out any day now.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6526391&postcount=911