1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

When new members sign up...

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by d8g3jdh, Apr 6, 2006.

1. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Do they know that they can have spaces in their username? I can't remember noticing one when I joined, but then again my original username was one word. Just because I see a lot of newer people with underscores in their name, and I think 'Why?'. I mean, underscores are a pretty general internet standard, maybe people are just assuming that TB is the same. Unless there is a little note already on the register page or something. :meh:

Just wondering.

Edit: This just popped into my head now, so I guess I'll tack it on here. Is there some sort of a 'find a teacher in your area' type of function? If not, could there be? Seems useful, plus it would get rid of all the posts that are people asking for a teacher. If this function already exists, nevermind.

2. Actually, yeah. If you go into the "Members List" and then under "Search Members" -> "Advanced Search", you can search for anything in any section of people's profiles :)

I had to have that one explained to me before I knew about it. Very cool feature! I can see that 278 people here currently list themselves as owning at least 1 Sadowsky :bassist:

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    what was your original name?

4. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Grug. Weird name, don't really know why I picked it. It had most of my noobery, although if you look you can find some under this name too.