Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

When people are lazy...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by whitedk57, Feb 7, 2006.

1. whitedk57

whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
  2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    what, you paid 250 $ for an Ashdown head????

3. You should feel VERY fortunate!!

The "going rate" for this unit, New, IN ENGLAND, is between £230 and £250 which I think equates to about $460 - $500!!!!

Thre's no justice is there? :meh: :meh: :meh: :meh:

4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Yeah, I remember seeing an Ashdown head priced the triple of 250 dollars, if it wasn't more. :scowl:

I paid 250 dollar for my Behringer head, I mean...

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Not so awesome for the person who paid out and got ripped off....:meh:

6. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    If you're stupid enough to bid higher on a second handed cab and not notice the new one,you deserve to get ripped off.

7. Yep, there is indeed one born every minute it would seem.:meh:

8. Bruce Lindfield

So- "disabled" people deserve to get ripped off - if you see a blind person that's a good opportunity to shortchange them...?:meh:

9. I think Vorago said "stupid" - I certainly don't recall anyone mentioning "ripping off" anyone who was blind and/or disabled!!:meh: :meh:

Buyer beware etc!!!

10. Bruce Lindfield

How do you know that the person laying out the money is not mentally subnormal in some way through no fault of their own or has brain damage etc etc. ? :meh:

11. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    *sigh*

No one is getting ripped off in the first place, if you want to pay a lot of money for something secondhanded that is available at the same site for half the money new, then that is your choice. If someone would offer a second handed cab and mention it's new, that would be a ripp off.

It's like buying a second handed car for 150000 dollar while the very same car, new, is standing next to it for 100000 dollar. Who's fault is it if you buy the second handed car? Exactly, the buyer's, in the end he or she makes the descision.

And no, I'm not pointing at mentally disabled people, and I am quite confident that only a small minority of people who are getting ripped off at Ebay are mentally disabled.

12. Well, of course, you DON'T know but, short of assuming that everyone one deals with in life is "mentally subnormal" (to use your words), I really don't see where your view takes us.:meh: :meh:

Whether we like it or not, the stupid/inexperienced/naive customer is indeed the salesman's dream and a ticket to a bonus.:D :D

That, I think, is life. :eyebrow:

13. Bruce Lindfield

Well - I would say that is what is wrong with life and what we could do to make it better...

That is if we thought of people as individuals, rather than as opportunities to make money!! :meh:

14. Bruce Lindfield

But you don't know - you can't be certain!!

So you could be coming on Talkbass celebrating that you put one over, on a person who was disabled or mentally subnormal ... you have to admit it's a possibility....

So how would that make you feel....? :(

15. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    It would make me feel crap, for sure. Then again, what are the chances that the people bidding on this item are all mentally disabled? There are 7 bidders, all of them disabled? If you look at their accounts, you'll see that 3 of the highest bidders all have excellent feedback for shipping and are easy to deal with. Mentally disabled, common' Bruce ;)

16. Bruce Lindfield

Well - it's something to think about and as I say - there's no way you can be certain, you aren't taking advantage of somebody less fortunate than you....:meh:

I see this as a symptom of the problems in society today - people are just anonymous obstacles to getting what you want - one day an immoral person may be ripping off someone on eBay - tomorrow it might be assault, murder - who knows?

If society condones treating people as anonymous sources of income - then what value is there in a human life...?

17. From a commercial point of view, every person IS a prospective customer and, therefore, an opportunity to make money!! Anyone who operated in a "sales" environment who did NOT work on that basis would, IMHO, very quickly become bankrupt and/or unemployed.:meh: :meh:

Your "world" would indeed be a better place than the one we live in Bruce, but I'm sorry to say that I don't see it happening anytime soon.:eyebrow: :eyebrow:

18. Bruce Lindfield

But surely we should be aspiring to something and if it makes anybody think about what they're doing, then it's worth pointing out!

19. Bruce Lindfield

As an aside - isn't this the big difference between an Islamic view of the world and a Western/US view - and one which can never be resolved?

Personally, I think it's a bit sad, to see life as just about making money...:(

20. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    If you don't like something in the society, just don't do it. Saying "oh well everyone else would do it" is a very convenient way to make the voice in our head shut up. It's also a great way to be sure that you won't change anything in the society. Brick by brick it goes...